chapter two

A'Zharia || Zee

A'Zharia || Zee

" You know I just wanted to embarrass you. " Zoie joked with me as we headed home.

" Nigga you always embarrass me. "

" True. " He nodded " I met me a boo thang off Instagram honey I'm going out tonight. " He informed me.

" Have fun. Don't catch anything. " I said trying to be serious.

" Baby the only thing I'm catching is dick. " I laughed and shook my head at this fool.

Once we got home I went straight into the kitchen. I was beyond hungry. I don't really eat school lunch.

No, I don't feel like I'm too good for school lunch it's just they don't season that shit right.

" You not inviting Tia over? " Zoie asked walking into the kitchen.

" Maybe. I might go over her house. "

" Her brother so fineeeee. " I rolled my eyes. I disliked her brother just because of the way he abuses his authority.

We're seniors and he's only one year older than us but acts like he's our parents. They both live with their parents but when they leave him in charge he does the most.

Did I forget to mention that he acts like someone he isn't? He kisses these niggas ass to be " hard " and " street ".

They be telling him he ain't cut like that, but he swears that's the life made for him.

" Let me hush cause ain't nobody trying to hear you rant. " Zoie told me.

I laughed. " I'm keeping my comments to myself today. " I said getting my phone out texting Tia.

I told her I'd be there for a couple of hours. I didn't want to spend the night because I'm such a homebody.

" I'm finna head out. I called an uber. " I told Zoie as I approached his room.

" Alright. I might be home tonight, might notttttt. " I shook my head and walked outside since my uber had arrived.

Tia's house was only about fifteen minutes away so the ride wasn't that long. I thanked the driver as I got out the car.

Once I got to the front door, I made beats on it for about twenty seconds. I didn't see her parent's car so I assumed they were gone.

The door swung open and it revealed Daryl, Tia's brother.

" Why tha' hell you beating on my do'? " He asked trying to fake an accent.

" Boy move. " I said pushing him out the way and walking into the house.

" Hellooo. " I cooed Tia's puppy, Eli.

" Girl leave my damn dog alone. " Tia said coming down the stairs.

" What's that Eli? Fuck Tia? " I asked holding my ear.

" You stupid. " Tia laughed as we walked into the living room.

" Why you decide to chill? " Tia asked.

" Zoie ass going out so I wanted to leave the house too. "

" That cousin of yours is some serious for real. " Tia reminded me.

" Oh I know. It's crazier when you live with him. "

After making small talk for about another ten minutes Tia and I decided we would treat tonight as a movie night.

" I'm going to get covers. You can get the snacks out the kitchen. " Tia told me.

" Bet. "

I walked into the kitchen and just picked up random things taking them to the living room every time my arms got full.

" Need some help? " Daryl asked me as I was struggling to get some oreos off the top shelf.

" Um sure. " I spoke awkwardly.

He got them down and was about to give them
to me but yanked them back.

" What you on? " He asked me licking his lips.

" Boy give me the damn oreos. " I said trying to reach again only for him to hold them up in the air.

" Quit playing all yo life. You know I be trynna get at ya. " He said.

I huffed. " It cools. We'll be good without oreos. " I said walking back into the living room.

" What tha' hell took you so long? "

" Yo thirsty ass brother. " I laughed a bit.

" WOAH WOAH, I need this living room tonight. " Daryl came in yelling.

" Too bad it's ours. " Tia rolled her eyes.

" You don't understand Tee, I got my niggas coming. I'm trynna get put on. " He whined.

As soon as Tia was about to respond someone knocked on the door. Daryl groaned as he went to answer the door.

" We are not moving. " Tia whispered to me.

" Period. "

We heard a lot of talking before people finally emerged into the living room. My eyes had to be deceiving me. Nau'Jour, Nick and Tyler were standing in Tia's living room.

______________________________
y'all messing with it?