chapter thirty-five

100k???? TURN ME UP DON'T TURN ME DOWNNNN !😂🕺🏽 i appreciate you guys for real.. couldn't have done it without y'all 💚

 couldn't have done it without y'all 💚

A'Zharia || Zee

I got up kind of early so we could see my mama today. I went to see Nau'Jour the night after and I really don't seeing him like that.

It's like I couldn't stand him when he was walking and talking, but now I that's all I want him to be able to do.

My emotions and mind have been all over the place since he's been in a coma. It's only been two weeks, but it feels like forever.

I've talked with only Kenn, my mama and Zoie about the Nick situation. Zoie told me he thinks the I have soul ties with both of them.

I don't think so. I mean I do feel torn between the two, but still don't feel as if I have soul ties with them both.

" You ready? " Nick shouted from outside the bathroom.

" Yeah, you can go ahead and put Journee in the car. " I semi-yelled back.

I looked over my hair one last time and pulled my one piece down a little. Once I felt like I was ready to go I headed out to the car.

Nick was in the driver's seat, and I was glad since I didn't feel like driving.

" You ight? " Nick asked glancing at me as he pulled out the driveway.

" Yeah. " I lied.

" You know youn' gotta like ta' me right? " He asked me again. I sighed and looked out the window.

" I just feel so lost still. " I told him.

" Take everything one step at a time then. Stop trynna force everything to be okay all at once. Life not gonna give it to ya how you want it to. "

I nodded, not knowing if he saw it or not. I get all this advice all the time and never use it. I'm always second guessing outcomes.

" I don't like what you do. " I blurted.

" Tha' hell you talking 'bout? " Nick asked me.

" I don't like your job. I want you and Nau'Jour to find something different. " I confessed.

Their jobs are one thing that's been weighing on me heavily for a while. Nau'Jour's incident put the icing on the cake. I hate what they do and I don't want to lose them to that shit.

" Why you don't like it ma? "

" Nick you could die any given day doing whay y'all do. People are envious and they'll plot ok you for God knows how long just for money. Nau'Jour's in a coma because of what y'all do Nick. " I explained turning my body slightly towards him.