chapter fifteen

Nau'Jour || Toosii" I just gotta change my ways first

Nau'Jour || Toosii
" I just gotta change my ways first. "

" This can't happen nomo. " I told Nadia as I pulled my shirt over my head. I heard her groan. I could really careless .

" You get you a girl and forget about me huh? " She laughed a bit.

" Remeber who was there when she wasn't. "

" Duh because we didn't converse then idiot. " I said looking at her like she was stupid. I slid my jeans back on before grabbing my keys.

" I hope you find everything you need in that bitch since I wasn't enough. " Nadia said walking behind me. I stopped in the middle of my tracks and looked back at her.

" Trust me, I will. " I smirked heading on out her house.

I got in my car and texted A'Zharia letting her know I'll be on my way over there in about a hour. I had to go home and take a shower. To her, she'll just think I been in the streets, handling business like I said.

It took me a cool five minutes to get to the crib. As soon as I walked in, my ma was already down my back.

" Nau'Jour where the hell have you been? " She asked me.

" I was out with my girl at first. Then I had to handle some business Ma. " I said rubbing her shoulders so she'd calm down.

" You smell like damn sex. Had me worried sick and you out here fucking. That's the only thing you look at these girls for? " She scolded me.

" Ma, listen to how you sound...I haven't even had sex with my shorty ye- " I caught myself. I held my face in the palm of my hand, knowing I fucked up.

" So you cheating on the poor girl? Nau'Jour I raised you better than that. Who is the girl Jour? " My mana said, sounding so disappointed in me.

" Her name is A'Zharia Ma. "

" Valentine daughter? " She held a shocked expression on her face. I nodded slowly.

" How you know her? "

" That use to be my homegirl back in the day chile. I started being on the road a lot with my job so we lost contact. " My Ma explained.

" That's crazy. " I said trying to ease past her.

" Aht, why are cheating on that baby Jour? " She said putting her hand in front of me. I huffed before looking at her.

" Ma, I'm trynna change my ways for. I swear I am. "

" Bring her to see me soon. I'm really disappointed in you though. " She said moving her arm out my way and heading to the kitchen.

I shook off the sad feeling that was coming over me. God knows I like and love A'Zharia. It's just hard to change your ways so quickly.

I took about a fifteen minute shower. I did my li' simple routine before packing me a bag with some clothes. I headed downstairs to tell my ma I was leaving and I saw her and my pops were chilling in the living room.

" Where you headed youngblood? " My pops asked.

" One, don't call that. Two, my shorty house. " I said leaning down kissing my mama on the cheek.

" Which one? The main one? " My pops joked making my mama look at him side ways.

" You're condoning him cheating? " She asked in disbelief.

" Yo Anne chill. The boy is young. " My pops protested.

" Yo ass wasn't shit and trynna make him not shit too Devin? " She started raising her voice.

" Chill. I'm finna dip before y'all make my head hurt. " I said about to walk out.

" You make my ass hurt boy. bye, be careful. " My mama yelled.

" Yeah yeah. " I said heading out the door.

I text A'Zharia to make sure she was still up. She didn't respond right away so I decided to slide to American Deli to get us something to eat.

I knew A'Zharia greedy ass wanted a philly with no onions, six hot wings, and cajun ranch cheese fries. Shorty little, but she can eat.

babygirl💗: sorry i was in the shower. wya?

me: went to get some, just leave the door unlocked.

babygirl💗: alright be careful

me: always baby

I got me the same thing as Zee but I got ten wings. A man gotta eat. After I got the food I headed straight to my baby house.

I got my bag, the food and drinks all at one time. Real niggas don't make second trips. I opened the door with my elbow and closed it with my foot.

" Damn. " I said looking around. I only saw the outside earlier.

" Babygirl where you at? " I yelled.

" Right here. " She said coming down the stairs. She looked good as hell. She only had a grey tank top on with some white sweat pants and her hair was in a messy bun.

" You can put the food on the table. " She said leading the way. I sat the food and drinks on. the table, letting A'Zharia find her food first.

" I already know this is mine. " She smiled widely. Seeing her smile made me happy, but yet guilty.

" You going tl school tomorrow? " She asked me. I shook my head no.

" Nah it's Friday. "

" At least go get your work Nau'Jour. " She fussed.

" Alright mother damn. " I joked with her. I might get use to this. Being with her, seeing her smile, making her smile.

I just gotta change my ways first.