chapter seventeen

A'Zharia || Zee" Come on daughter, lets leave these bustas

A'Zharia || Zee
" Come on daughter, lets leave these bustas. "

" Yo, bae what's taking you so long? " Nau'Jour yelled from the other side of the bathroom door.

" I just don't know. " I huffed looking in the mirror at the third outfit that I've tried on.

Nau'Jour opened the bathroom door and looked at me up and down. He crossed his arms before leaning on the doorframe.

" You look fine. The outfits were fine. You're trying a li' too hard to impress my ma dukes when she don't even need to be. " He fussed.

" You sure? " I asked looking at my outfit, then him.

" YES HE FUCKING SURE COME ON! " Nick yelled from the guest room.

" BOY FUCK YOU! " I yelled back.

I grabbed my toothbrush and swooped my edges. " Swooopppp. " Nau'Jour said as I swooped it up.

I eyed him, trying to hide my laughter. He laughed as I continued to do my edges. I finished and cleaned up the mess I had in the bathroom. I grabbed my purse and earphones before following Nau'Jour out the room. I heard Nick still in the guest room so I went towards it.

" You rushing me and you sitting on yo ass. " I said walking towards the mirror that was in the guest room.

" Yeah bring ya ass. " Nau'Jour added.

" Both of y'all got me fucked up. " Nick said as he got up off the bed.

" Y'all think I look good good? " I turned looking at myself in the mirror before pulling my phone out to take a picture.

" You look decent. " Nick said walking out the room.

" Baby you look like a meal. " Nau'Jour said licking his lips at me. I blushed while putting my phone in my purse.

" Thank you baby. " I said giving him a kiss.

We went on and headed to his house since his mother was suppose to be cooking dinner for us. I was beyond nervous since I've never met a nigga parents before.

I guess I wore it on my face since Nau'Jour keep assuring that it was going to be okay. I just didn't know how to feel about it.

Once we pulled up I felt my palms get all sweaty. I mentally counted to calm my nerves. My anxiety is a motherfucker at times.

As we walked up the sidewalk, Nick ran trying to beat us to the door. He started making beats, makinv Nau'Jour cuss under his breath.

" Yo, you know moms be tweaking. " Nau'Jour laughed as we stood back behind Nick.

" Nicholas Ima whoop yo ass boy! " Nau'Jour's mother yelled opening the door. Her face was balled up until her eyes met mine.

" Hey baby! " She was all smiles. If I was told this was Nau'Jour's mother, I wouldn't believe.

" Hi. " I said waving shyly.

" Aw come on in. " She gestured for me to come in, pushing Nick and Nau'Jour to the side.

" Damn hey to you too mama. " Nau'Jour faked hurt. She waved him off as she guided me to the kitchen.

It smelled good as hell in the house. I could tell she could cook. Well let's say I hope.

" Nau'Jour and Nicholar get out. "

" But Ma, let me tell you what she been doing to me. " Nick pleaded.

" Boy as much as you get on my nerves, I'd hope she been beating yo ass. " She said pushing them out. They both groaned.

" Dinner will be ready in about 15 minutes. " She said loud enough for them to hear as they walked down the hall.

" So, how are you? No need to be nervous around me. "

I sighed a bit before speaking. " I'm good, you? "

" Chile I'm making it. Had me that pepper on the side of you. "

I handed her the pepper and leaned on the counter a bit. " Nau'Jour already told me some about you, but I bet you didn't know I know your mother. " She smiled at me a bit before looking back at the food.

" Really? How? "

" Honey we ran them streets when we were y'all age. Parties were the most hetic with us. To say we were bestfriends was an understatement. " She said, looking like was she reminiscing.

" That's crazy. Nau'Jour and I grew up together, you guys grew up together. "

" Yeah. You know I wasn't around much when Nau'Jour was smaller since I was on the road a lot. " I nodded.

" How's your mother? " She asked me. I swallowed the big lump in my thoart.

" She's alright. "

" Touchy subject? " I nodded a bit while sighing. I was glad that she understood.

" Wel honey I won't pressure you. Help me set up the table if you don't mind. " I gladly followed her into the dining room.

After being at Nau'Jour's house for about a hour, I could say that I fell inlove with his mother. She told me embarrassing stories about Nau'Jour, some of her childhood memories and even some old shit about Nick.

" Ma I did not break yo table. That so Toosii. " Nick fussed.

" That was both of y'all megamind having asses. "

When I say I died of laughter. It was good that his mother was welcoming and kind, but she's funny too. That set it off for me.

Nau'Jour and Nick both looked at her with pissed off expressions as we laughed.

" Thank you for bringing one home I like. " Nau'Jour's mother told him. Nau'Jour still held the same face.

" Nau'Jour fix ya face. " I told him. His mother looked shocked.

" Oh he let you call him his government name? " She asked. I looked confused as I nodded.

" He usually make his girls call him Toosii. "

" Oh noooo. " I laughed along with her.

" Y'all got some many jokes. " Nau'Jour mocked our laughs with Nick.

" Come on daughter, lets leave these bustas. "

I got up with her and we walked into the kitchen. " THATS WHY I GOT LEMON MERINGUE PIE! " His mama yelled making them jump up and follow us.

I shook my head. I really don't know what we're gonna do with them.

" These two get along too well for my liking. " Nau'Jour said recording his mother and I.

" Posseeee. " His mother smiled hugging me. I couldn't do anything but hug her back and laugh.