chapter eight

A'Zharia || Zee" I like you

A'Zharia || Zee
" I like you. "

" Nau'Jourrrr. " I laughed out as he continued to tickle me.

" All I wanted was a kiss so I could go, but you wanna be difficult. " He said, attacking my armpits and stomach.

" Okay okay. " I yelled as tears were struggling to stay inside.

Nau'Jour lifted from hoovering over me and crossed his arms. I sat there trying gain my breath again.

After I got myself together, I got up and stood on my tippy toes to kiss Nau'Jour. He isn't much taller than me, but we did have a slight difference.

" I'a see you lata? " He asked looking down at me.

" You'll see me at school tomorrow. " I told him.

He huffed and grabbed his jacket. " I like you. " He said before walking out my room.

I laughed and shook my head. I went over to my vanity and did my normal oil treatment I did every two or three days.

As I was about to apply the oil to my scalp my phone rung. I answered and propped it up when I noticed it was Tia.

" Hey. " I spoke glancing at her then back at myself in the mirror. I observed that she was in the dark.

" Hey.. What you doing? " Her voiced sounded like she was shooken up or upset about something.

" Oiling my hair. You good? "

" Umm yeah, just a little tired. " I nodded as she continued to talk.

" Nau'Jour ever told you what we're gonna do about the situation? " She asked me. I knew she was referring to her brother.

" He told me it was all good. " I told her for the tenth time.

" But Zee it's Thursday. Tomorrow's Friday. " She said sounding irritated, but it was like she tried to cry at the same time.

" Well Tee I don't know what you want me to do. I told you every time I ask he tells me he has it under control and not to worry about it. " I said, trying to pry the real issue here out.

" I WANT YOU TO ACT LIKE A BESTFRIEND AND HELP ME! MY LIFE IS IN FUCKING DANGER! " She yelled at the phone because it sure enough wasn't me.

" You know like I know I'm not in no damn streets. I don't know what to do in these type of situations. It ain't my fault yo brother out here faking the funk with niggas just to get money. " I scoffed.

" If I haven't been anything, I sure enough been a good bestfriend not only this past week, but my whole eight years of knowing you. " I finally finished.

I heard her let out a laugh. " You know what? " She sniffled. " You'll eat every word you just said. " With that she hung up.

" Girl fuck ha'. She the one who got a bounty on ha' head not you. " Zoie said. I didn't even notice him standing in my doorway.