chapter thirty-one

Nau'Jour || Toosii

Nau'Jour || Toosii

three months later...

" Yoooo? " I yelled as I walked into the house. I had Journee's car seat in one arm and her bag in the other.

I didn't get a response so I went on and headed towards the living room. Nadia was sitting on the couch breastfeeding my son, Na'Meir.

" How much longer do you have to keep her? " Nadia asked looking up at me then the car seat.

" Until tomorrow. " I replied. I sat down and grabbed Journee out the car seat even though she was still sleeping.

" My six weeks are up tomorrow. " Nadia smirked at me making me laugh.

" Longest six weeks eva' bro. " I whined rubbing Journee's back as she started to squirm.

A knock at the door made me hop and get it.

" AND THE KINGS HAVE ARRIVED! " Tyler yelled as him and Nick came in the house.

The sound of Tyler's yelling woke Journee up and she started crying.

" See what tha' fuck you did? " I asked Tyler.

" Uncle so sorryyyy. " Tyler said taking her from me and kissing her cheek.

I laughed and shook my head. Him and Nick went straight to the kitchen, digging in shit. I sat at the table and got on my phone as I waited for them to get done.

" So we doing the drop tomorrow or nah? " Nick asked as he jumped on the counter and ate a piece of his pop tart.

I shrugged my shoulders. " Pops saying it's too risky for us three, but I need the money more than the workers. Shid we need it more. " I told them.

Journee hadn't stopped crying in Tyler's arms yet making Nick hop down and get her.

" How tha' hell? " Tyler asked in amazement.

It never failed when Nick grabbed her. She would always hush up quick. Whenever I can't get her under control and they're here I just let him have it, but I watch closely.

I be holding her the same way and everything and it still doesn't matter. If she doesn't want you, she'll holler until she gets who she wants.

" She don't like bums like you. " Nick joked at Tyler.

" Y'all niggas trynna go to the drop though? " Tyler asked, ignoring Nick's statement.

" It seem fishy. I don't know. " I said shaking my head.

" What Toot said. " Nick said snickering.

" Quit playing all the time. " I said rolling my eyes at him. He heard Nadia call me that stupid ass name one time and won't stop.

" Well let me know by tomorrow. " Tyler said sitting at the table.

This the only time I had to pray about doing a drop. This the only time I feared never making it back home. This drop was with our enemies we've been beefing with for years and now all of a sudden they want to make an alliance.

I pray this shit don't go left.

A'Zharia || Zee

A'Zharia || Zee

I sat in the visitation area bouncing my leg up and down, waiting for my mother to come out. I debated hard on letting Nau'Jour keep Journee an extra day, but I let him do it anyway.

I wanted her to meet her grandmother sooner, but she had got in an altercation and they took her visitation away.

I smiled as I saw my mother walk over to me. They uncuffed her hands and let left her ankled shackled as usual.

" Where's my grandbaby? " She asked. Well damn.

" With her father mama. " I laughed.

" Well why aren't they both here baby? " Here goes all the questions.

" We're not together anymore. I think it's best that way. " I sighed at the memories rushing through my brain.

" Wanna tell me about? "

" It's a lot mama. I just don't know what I'm suppose to do. Every time I try work the situation out with him, he plays victim. It's like he doesn't even see his wrongs. The only reason I really won't go back is...he hit me while I was pregnant. " I vented making my mother gasp.

" Baby why haven't you already told me about this? " She asked as tears built up in her eyes.

" I-it was two weeks before I went into labor and I hid it from Zoie and Kenn, but Nick helped me. He helped me a lot. " I smiled a bit.

" Who's Nick? " Her face grew curious.

" He's Nau'Jour's friend. That's another thing mama. I think I'm falling in love with him too, but he's Nau'Jour's bestfriend and also mine. We had sex once and mama I just need some guidance. " I said as my waterworks just kept falling.

It felt good to talk to someone who knew me, who understood me. I felt like this visit was necessary. I needed to hear my mama's words of encouragement. She told me right or wrong and in between.

" I don't know this Nick, but I'm telling you this, you can't help who you love. Love isn't just a word, it's a feeling, an action. Now it may be wrong in other's eyes that you feel that way towards Nick, but you can't live your life for others you have to live for A'Zharia and that baby. You're hurting from your first heartbreak so no one is gonna be able to think straight after that, but I need you to tighten up. Cry in private, but smile in public. " She told me. I nodded as she continued.

" Now falling for your boyfriend's bestfriend is wrong, but is he treating you the way a real man is suppose to treat you? Does he make you feel like a woman? Like I said live for you and my grand baby. Whatever you decide, I'm behind you. I'm not with Nau'Jour putting his hands on you, but that's something I'll take up with him. I still have love for him just like you do. I pray for you every night and wondered why you were on my mind so heavy. I'm telling baby, if God is giving you the signs, follow them. " She finished as she placed her hand on top of mine, not breaking eye contact.

" Okay mama. I love you. " I said as the guard told us time was up.

" I love you too and bring the baby and Nick next time. What's her name? " She asked.

" Journee. " I smiled.

" I love it. " She said as she was gudied back towards the back.

______________________________

pick a or b...