chapter fourteen

A'Zharia || Zee" I love you

A'Zharia || Zee
" I love you. "

" You better hope my auntie like you. " Zoie told Nau'Jour as we got out at the prison.

Nau'Jour looked towards me and I shrugged. I've never brought a boy to see my mother and I've never spoke about boys to my mother. Boys were the least of my concerns once my mother and father left.

We went through the normal process of the security scanners. I didn't see some of the usual people who'd be here when we came, I only saw a couple.

" You're here for? " The woman behind the desk asked me. She said it in a irritated tone, which rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't want to get rude or upset so I ignored it.

"  Valentine Willis. " I told her.

She typed on her computer for about thirty seconds before returning her attention back to me.

" Gone on. " She said fanning towards the door.

" I hope God blesses whatever has your attitude so stank. " I said before walking away.

Nau'Jour and Zoie were talking to my favorite, Officer Nash. I approached the three with a smile on my face seeing she was already cheesing at me.

" Is this the valedictorian I'm looking at right now? " Officer Nash asked, stepping back with her hands on her hips. I nodded with a large smile.

" I am so proud of you honey. I knew you could accomplish anything the way you were as a kid. " She said hugging me.

" Thank you. "

" And are you gonna tell me who this is? " She said nodding towards Nau'Jour.

" Officer Nash- I mean Monica this my boyfriend Nau'Jour. Nau'Jour, this is Monica. Also known as Officer Nash, my favorite. " I said, introducing the two to each other.

" Mhmm, you better do right by my baby you hear? " She said bringing her motherly instincts out.

I laughed a bit, knowing he already hasn't done that. Nau'Jour nodded at her, but side eyed me.

" Willis ready. " A guard yelled to Monica. She nodded before looking back at us.

" Gone on. Make sure you see me before you leave Zee. "

" I will. " I said as we walked towards the back.

We sat at a table as we waited for my mother to come out. Nau'Jour looked kind of bothered, but I didn't feel like arguing with him in a prison.

" You good? " I whispered to him. He just looked at me then turned his attention towards the noise that was being made in the room.

It was them bringing my mother in. Nau'Jour looked back at me again and nodded that we was alright. I nodded and put my attention towards my mother as well.