chapter thirty-six

not back for good but hi!🧸

A'Zharia || Zee

" Look all I need is a place to lay my head Zee. " Tia pleaded as she was scratching her arm and continued to look around as if she was being watched.

I don't know what she got into after we stopped talking, but it was something that has gotten control of her now.

" The best I can do for you and put you in a hotel for a couple of weeks. I can't risk you knowing where I stay. " I told her.

I could she the sadness in here eyes form at my words, but it was for me. It was the best for Journee.

" I'm fine with that. " She nodded.

" Meet me at the Embassy in ten minutes. " I told her as I got up from the table.

I left a tip for the waiter and headed towards my car. I took in everything that she said while we were in there.

She said she had fell some drug dealer and that he was beating her ass all the time. He was even trying to pimp her out. That's why she's sprung out now.

She says she wants help to get clean, but I don't know. Something about this seems off to me. She crossed me once, I know she'll do it again.

I went to the hotel and booked her a room for a week and a half.

I hope she didn't think I was just going to splurge my money on her. It's not like that anymore. It won't ever be like that again.

After leaving the hotel I decided to go visit Nau'Jour. I felt the need to see him after talking with Tia.

He was there through the bull shit with her. He even handled it. Not only for himself, but for me.

My phone began to ring as I stopped at a red light. I saw that it was Nick and my mood lighten up a bit.

" Hello? " I answered.

" Wassuhh shawty. " His accent seemed so thick as he spoke.

" Nothing. Tia needed a place to stay and before you say anything I got her a hotel. The whole situation just doesn't sit right with me, ya know? " I blurted out.

" She been fishy from jump, but you know I ain't on all that. She suppose to be dead anyway, the bitch just got lucky. " Nick stated.

My heart kind of froze. I thought they just spared her.

" W-well she suppose to been fucking with some drug dealer name- "

" Pop. " Nick said it for me.

" We been watching this nigga. He been watching us, I hope he don't take her as an inside ear because he won't hear shit. "

" I know I know, calm down ight? " I laughed a bit as I knew he was probably bouncing around.

He chuckled. " Ight, I'a see you lata? "

" Yes. " I laughed again.

" Sayless, I love ya dawg. "

" I love you too dawg. " I said mocking him and hanging up the phone.

I got out the car and went inside the hospital. It was cold and depressing. Hospitals and I did not too much get along.

I went on to the desk on the fifth floor where Nau'Jour was.

" And you're here to see? " A short, brownskin nurse greeted me with a warm smile.

" Cal Mitchell. " I said giving her his alias.

" We moved him to room 545. That'll be down this hall and it should be on the end on the right. " She told me pointing behind me.

" Thank you so much. " I nodded walking the way she directed for me.

I walked for what it seemed like forever until I upon his room. Walking in, all I saw were balloons and flowers.

So many get well soon cards and balloons made me realize people only care when something happens.

I pulled a chair next to the side of the bed and looked at him. Seeing him with all those tubes and cordw connected to him made my blood boil and heart hurt.

" I know we aren't on the best of terms, but you know we promised to always be there for each other. " I finally let out.

I smiled as I could hear him now arguing me up and down how I'm wrong and he's right.

" You know you were my first everything and I don't think I'll ever stop loving you. "

I felt the need to just vent out to him. I don't know if he could hear me, but I just wanted to get the things off my chest that needed to be let off.

" You did your dirt, I've done mine. I guess we can call it life. It'll probably be hell when you get back up, but at least I'm admitting and telling you now that my actions are wrong. Something I want you to be able to do too. "

I wiped my few tears that fell. I hated that I'm so emotional now.

" I don't know if it's your girl who made you feel like you needed to put your hands on me, but I didn't like it. I know that isn't you. All I want to say is you have a daughter that needs to see how a man should treat her and your son needs to see how a man is suppose to treat a woman. Just get up with a different mind set please? "

I kind begged of him.

" Oh and tell me why Tia tried to play me like I'm dumb Jour. " I laughed.

" The bitch saying how the drug dealer Pop beat her and all that and tried to pimp her. She even sprung out on drugs and she gon' have the nerve to think she gon' know where I lay my head. Right game, wrong bitch. "

I felt like I was just venting to my boyfriend again. I shook the feeling off and got up.

" Well Ima leave now. I love you Jour, I'll be back sometime this week. " I said peaking at him again before leaving out the room.

So much shit being thrown at me. It's up to me wether I catch it or not.