In Media Res

The seven of you were trapped in the small dark room that you worried would be the last thing you see. Breathing heavily, you held in the urge to scream and shout at her guards. There was something they wanted, but you couldn't give it to them. You would never give it to them. Gritting your teeth, you kept your head down as they restricted your arms up with rope. It pinched at your skin, scratching anytime you made any kind of movement. None of you were hurt. Yet. You didn't know how long they would spend solely trying to intimidate all of you. It won't be long before one of you dies or all of you leave this world together.

That was something you wouldn't allow. It was something they wouldn't allow. Not with your King taken and held in a different area. Swallowing, you glanced to the side to see your fellow angels. The six of them were roughly tied up as well. There was no mercy in the guard's eyes as they circled around all of you. Even if you held an ounce of worry, it would not be displayed on your face. You've trained all your life to be a guardian angel for the King. Were you meant to fear death now? Despite not having a problem with the idea in the past, now you finally felt some hesitance towards it.

Keeping a stoic expression, you had to follow what the others were doing. None of them had fear in their eyes. Nothing. They kept their heads straight forward with their eyes scanning the entire room. A cramped clay room with one small window that had two iron bars in it. There was no door to the room, not even a gate. That could make an escape easier though it was the only entrance and exit to this entire cramped building. Five guards were handling the seven of you in total. Two outside and three inside. One held a torch while the other two were armed and ready if any of you made a move. You remained calm as one guard held up his sword towards you all.

"Which one of you is it?" He held the blade close to the angel who was tied at the end of the line. The youngest who didn't even blink. She only glared at the guard, adding fire to the guard's impatience. "You?" He stepped to the side, letting the tip of his sword hover close to each girl's neck. Only silence replied to the guard who slowly made his way over to you. His eyes narrowed on you, looking you over from top to bottom as he brought the blade near your throat. "Or...is it you?"

Nothing left your lips. You were going to stay silent yet you felt it in the air. The rest of the girls grew tense the minute the guard aimed his weapon at you. He could kill you in an instant if he wanted to. You didn't have to say anything for him to make that decision. With your heart pounding inside your chest, you didn't say a word. The guard slowly lowered his sword to aim it towards your stomach, teasing the idea of plunging it straight through your body. You refused to feel lightheaded or show any signs of weakness. He won't get it out of you nor from any of the angels.

"Which one of you is the Queen?"