River

Ch.32

Another week had passed since Hyelin caught you and the King while she was supposedly asleep. She hadn't said anything to anybody. She completely forgot about it after falling asleep. The first thing on her mind the next morning was to pee. Her bladder was going to give her an infection if she continued to hold it in. After relieving herself, she finally remembered what she saw last night. Was it something she saw from her sleepy daze? She couldn't really tell. She tried observing you and the King, but the two of you were acting naturally in front of the others. There was not a single change. Nothing out of the ordinary in her eyes.

Compared to Jeonghwa, Hyelin shrugged it off easily and decided not to focus on it. She let it slip off her mind without problem. If the others brought it up too then maybe it was real. So far, the other angels didn't seem suspicious so Hyelin didn't want to cause unnecessary problems. Unknowingly, Namjoon and you dodged a disaster. Hyelin and Jeonghwa had their lips sealed and neither knew what the other had seen. Namjoon and you continued to stay safe, luck by both of your sides so far but it was walking a fine line. It was invisible to you so you never worried about acting more cautious around the other angels. You felt the way you were with Namjoon was just fine for now.

A village was found and you all stayed there for two days. You felt like the trip was slowly extending itself, but you had no complaints. If Lady Eunchae wants to become Queen then she'll have to wait for Namjoon to arrive and even then...that isn't going to happen. After a while, you stopped feeling insecure by the Lady. It might become a different story once she stands in front of you, but for now you wanted to relish in the fact that Namjoon chose you. He can literally have anyone he wants and yet you are the one he wants. The two of you believed it was Fate that had you together.

Due to believing it was Fate, you think that's the reason why the two of you were lucky enough not to have gotten caught. Namjoon could be touchy so that didn't help. Somehow though, his needy behavior has gone completely undetected. Even with his want to get intimate during inconvenient times and questionable places. You weren't always sure if he was always joking or not. Sometimes it was obvious but then other times you weren't sure. He did try to start something in a shack where men have done their business in. Namjoon's behavior made you wonder if Seungwon was ever this way with Hwayoung. You wanted to ask, but you've had this conversation with yourself multiple times. It's a secret and Hwayoung gets all flustered from his name alone. Unless she starts the talking about him first, it's sort of hard to get personal information like that out of her.

That didn't mean you wouldn't make an attempt.

"Please tell me!" You held onto her leg tightly.

"You're embarrassing! Get up!" Hwayoung was flushed. The two of you were left at the Inn in this new village while the others left to go get supplies. Once they come back though, all of you will be off. The King was the only other person with you guys, but he was currently in the bathroom. That's how you took your chance to strike. "(F/n)! Why do you care?"

"Because I found out almost a month ago and I want to know everything! Did he pester you for sex every day?" You eyed her intensely.

"O-Only when we were teens and first started." Hwayoung huffed. "Does that make you happy?"

"Very!" You let go of her leg. Standing up on your own, you gave her a giant grin that stretched from ear to ear. She wasn't as cheery as you, but that wasn't too strange. "Seungwon, that dog! I'll have to scold him when we get back."

"You leave him alone!" Hwayoung jabbed your chest. She was still a flustered mess, her entire face red. "He doesn't a-act that way anymore! And don't let him know I told you!" Hwayoung began to shake your shoulders. She was begging wildly by the time Namjoon stepped into the room. He was still for a few seconds as Hwayoung registered what was going on. She finally stopped flinging your body around, calming down as she let go of you. "H-Hello, my King."