Dying Wish

Ch.1

Fate is a concept so strong that it is impossible to break away from. If anyone were ever to go against it or defy it, they would pay the price. But who would question fate to begin with? Certainly not you. It never crossed your mind to question whether it was right or wrong. To you, it was simply a way of life to accept the hand you had been given. Everyone else was the same except those who felt wronged. Those people were the ones who were wrong though. They are born the way they are meant to be and you were raised knowing your meaning as well. Since the day you were born, you were destined to die for the Crown Prince if need be. As long as his Majesty lives to lead the nation.

You come from the Yeon household. They are nobles who were granted the gift of birthing one of the many angels to protect the Crown Prince. Seven noble families in total were given this honor by a royal shaman many years ago. This has been running in your bloodline before your parents were even born. The eldest daughter of each family is fated to protect the Crown Prince for his entire life. It was something you didn't fully understand when you were younger, but it became clear as you grew older. There was no doubt in your mind that you would do anything for the Crown Prince. You are one of his guardian angels.

The guardian angels are only women. They are different from the rest of the guards and soldiers under the royal family. It is only the angels who are required to be with the Crown Prince at all times. Whether he has only one or all seven by his side is up to him. The Crown Prince cannot be left alone though. That is the biggest rule that has not been broken. It's particularly easy watching over the Crown Prince seeing as he mainly likes to read in his royal chamber or in the library. He never really participates in the government despite being of age. He became twenty this year yet insisted to his mother, her Highness, that he didn't want to take the throne.

It left the entire nation in shock that their Crowned Prince hadn't become King. The nation was to continue being led by Queen dowager? The royal King had passed away due to an illness and the Crown Prince was too young to take the throne. It's been years under the Queen's rule. The news even left you and the rest of the angels shocked. The Crown Prince doesn't speak often to his angels. He mainly speaks to his royal chief advisor and a few servants. He's a very quiet man, but incredibly intelligent. That's why it surprised you that he didn't take the throne. It's his fate? Though it was a concern of yours, you kept silent. Who were you to question his Highness's actions?

That left her Majesty in charge of Goguryeo. Everyone continued to carry loyalty towards the Queen. Anyone who objected would be put to death or threatened. Tortured if the Queen requested it. In your opinion, it is the subjects who are cruel. Why would they question her authority? None of them knew the Queen was sick. Only the royals of the court were aware of her state and the Crown Prince himself. It won't be long before the Crown Prince will have to take the throne. A sickness had reached the Queen and now the pure Kim dynasty was hanging on a thread. Not many pure bloods remained to continue the bloodline. Then with the subjects angry and confused, they wanted the Queen to abdicate her thrown. She's supposed to have that talk with the her son very soon. Hopefully he'll listen to her. This was the one time she asked the angels to leave the Crown Prince alone.

This was your opportunity to come out to the market. The capital was busy and crowded as always. Many vendors lined up the streets, attempting to sell their goods. Merchants selling salt, cloth from the west, bread, fish, weapons, and all sorts of items. You walked down the streets with a couple people staring at you strangely. It wasn't odd. They were doing so because you weren't dressed the way a woman should. There was no pretty gown for you or even rags to wear. Instead, you were dressed as a man only by clothes. This attire allowed you to fight whenever you needed to. If you were by the Crown Prince, that's when you would be wearing your armor which would look even stranger to citizens.