Forgive & Forget

Ch.7

Yesterday had to be one of the worst days ever. And you've had to wear blood drenched clothes for days before. You're just glad that Hwayoung never asked you about it last night. All she did was talk about other things without expecting you to respond. It was her way of comforting you to let you know she knew something was wrong, but to give you some space. The gesture from Hwayoung was greatly appreciated. At least you could go to sleep in the angel's quarters knowing that one person had your back no matter what. You loved the other angels too, but they weren't on the same level as your fellow shadow. She was like a piece of you.

The others weren't aware that you were feeling a little down. You were being quieter than usual which Hyojin spotted. She didn't say anything and instead tried to lift up the mood. That immediately had the other girls becoming hyper towards the night. Hyojin willing to play around? Jeonghwa was already taking the opportunity to help brighten the mood. Hyelin and Heeyeon quickly joined on acting silly, pulling Solji out of bed to suddenly have a small party. Most of them didn't know how much it meant to you. Though your laughter was soft and your smile small, it was exactly what you needed.

Things between the King and you may not be well, but you're prepared to deal with him this time. This time you mean it. No more messing around. You'll act like you were trained to behave and hopefully the King will take the hint. He'll stop requesting your presence alone just to mock you. You don't have time for that anymore. Either you stand by his side silently or kill an enemy for him. In the morning, you woke up the same time Solji did. She was surprised you didn't take a couple minutes. She was happy to see you be determined though and didn't mind the company.

By the time you had your armor on, Hwayoung finally woke up too. She stirred on the top bunk before noticing you fully dressed. The sight of you ready to go made the girl panic. Did she wake up late? She sat up instantly only to hit her head on the ceiling. You covered your mouth while Hyojin and Heeyeon laughed. Those two were also on the top bunk, laughing loudly while Hwayoung groaned at them to shut up. Unfortunately Hwayoung's morning wasn't as pleasant as yours. She was embarrassed and hurried to put on her armor, ignoring the teasing she received from the unnies. You patted her back since you knew she would be fine. The both of you would be, but maybe you spoke too soon.

"(F/n)!" Seungwon was running over to the two of you. Hwayoung pursed her lips, looking at you to see that you weren't happy. This only meant one thing. "I think you know who is calling you."

"Not even a good morning first?" Hwayoung asked. Right away, you're called to meet the King and you weren't happy. Seungwon whistled a familiar tune as Hwayoung finished the little song.

"Can't Hwayoung go to him?" Your voice was below a whisper. Seungwon stared at you sympathetically and you already knew the answer from that look alone. "Why me?"

"He said it was a private matter." Seungwon lied. He knew exactly what was going on, but the King told him not to say anything. It was best not to drag others into the King's mess.

"Okay, thank you..." You bowed to the young master. Leaving him with Hwayoung, you made your way to the King's wing. This time you weren't spending much effort trying to get there as fast as you could. You waddled unwillingly without all the climbing and running business. He can wait. No, stop that. You shook your head, reminding yourself that this is your job. You picked up the pace to arrive at the King's wing. This wasn't exactly how you had hoped your morning to go but it was fine. It was nothing you couldn't tolerate.

There was a heavy feeling hovering over your chest. Though you really didn't want to see the King, you had no choice. You attempted to ignore the pressure building up on your chest. He's probably only going to say a few things to you and then he'll let you go. He can't keep you stuck to him for the entire day. You're already on the job to go to the market with Hyojin and Solji today. That's a task you've already signed to be a part of. Grabbing the door handle, you sighed as you noted there were no servants near his wing again. He shouldn't keep them from doing their job forever. You walked inside to see the King pacing around, holding something in his hand.