Long Live the New Dynasty

Ch.45

You've never been more impatient in your entire life. You couldn't recall a single moment for when you waited so badly for something to happen. Could anyone blame you? The rest were acting just like you. After a little over a month of traveling, you guys were finally arriving back to the capital. Happy has been working so hard and you were so grateful towards him. He's such a hardworking and good boy! You praised him every moment you could. It's been way too long since you've been at the capital. It won't be long before you're twenty one. You're also married with a baby on the way. Clearly, a lot has happened in the four to five months all of you have been gone. It's almost been half a year. That part still shocked you as you sat in the wagon with everybody.

Hoseok sat at the front of the wagon as always, holding the reins as Happy walked forward. Namjoon had his arm around your shoulders, taking a deep breath of the air around him. Being back almost felt foreign and right at the same time. You guys had barely gotten out of the forest and were now on the long dirt road back to the capital. Civilization was in the far distance, but you guys would all be there soon. Jimin was already cheering while Taehyung was meditating with Hyelin to mentally prepare himself for all the people. Last you checked, Hyelin doesn't know how to mediate. Jeonghwa tried telling Taehyung that only for him to shush her. Well, she tried.

Heeyeon was already hugging Hyojin tightly, relieved that all of you were finally arriving at the capital. All those months of traveling was pure torture. The entire experience was awful with only a few good outcomes. You didn't want to get too deep into it. You were currently storing up your energy to deal with something. For right now, you leaned against Namjoon with your hand on top of your bump. You were enjoying the moment for what it was. That's what Solji was doing as she sat at the very back of the wagon. She looked over all her angels and the King. The journey was over and you were all returning. It was too hard for her to be completely cheerful. As leader, she loved to see all her angels smiling but her heart would still ache anytime she thought of Hwayoung. It couldn't be helped.

All the angels and Namjoon wished this sweet return could be with Hwayoung. Everyone thought of her every day. It was impossible not to. Even though Hwayoung was quiet and kept to herself, all of you loved her. She impacted every single one of you. If there was one last thing you could tell Hwayoung, it would be for her to know that everyone loved her so much. She's important to all of you. You sighed to yourself, staring at Hwayoung's hairpin. Today was the last day that it would be held in your care. Namjoon and you weren't ready for the day that would occur today. You all arrived later than intended and without Lady Eunchae. Celebrating probably won't be the first thing people at the palace do.

It certainly won't be what Seungwon will do. You could barely imagine how he must be feeling as of now. Worried that he hasn't heard from any of you for months. He's been running the nation on his own, probably with multiple scholars and officers getting on his nerves when all he cares is if Hwayoung is okay. He might be thinking about Namjoon and wondering if he's getting along with Lady Eunchae. Another sigh left you as you turned over the hairpin in your hand. Namjoon stroked your hair before placing a kiss on your head. He could figure out what you were thinking. It's been bothering the both of you an equal amount. You've had your time to accept it like the others while it'll be fresh news to Seungwon. You weren't ready to relive that pain all over again.

But you had to. It's best if Seungwon hears it from Namjoon and you. No one else.

That didn't stop you from wanting to talk to someone else about it first. Namjoon didn't understand when you told him that you wanted to stop at the capital market first. It wasn't clear to him on why you would want to go there. Everyone was itching to stand in the palace. Either for the first time or just so they could feel at home again. That was the first and last time they would travel that far. Everyone was tired and you understood that perfectly well. You were exhausted from everything as well, but you needed to do something first. Namjoon was confused but went along with it for you. He leaned over and told Hoseok to make a stop at the capital market first. Then the palace.