Sudden News

(Cover made by jjkuniverse 💜💜 it's beautiful)

Ch.37

Things with the angels haven't been completely successful. Hyelin, Jeonghwa, and Solji were the only ones treating you normally. Two of them had accepted the relationship a lot quicker while Solji followed a day after. She apologized so many times to you and Namjoon. She felt really awful for what she did and for how she treated you in that brief moment. It was all forgiven though. You wanted to move on from that experience already. All you wanted was to have your family back. These girls were all you had so naturally you wanted to have things return to normal. Except three were still struggling to accept the King and you.

Only about four days passed since they tried interrogating you. In those days you had hoped for immense progress. Maybe it was your fault for having your hopes so high. Things just weren't the same anymore and you wanted it back so badly. All you wanted was your friends back and to love Namjoon openly. Was it not possible to have both? You wondered if this wish made you selfish. Were you only thinking about your own wants? You were doing your best to understand the angels who hadn't fully accepted the relationship. Heeyeon and Hyojin were awkward around you, not knowing how to treat you. You're not Queen yet so you were alright with teasing. Anything, but this.

Then Hwayoung hadn't spoken at all. Her mouth had stayed closed shut, making it hard for you to truly know what she was thinking. Did she feel awkward about it? Could she not stand the idea? You couldn't figure out the degree of her attitude towards the two of you as a couple. She wouldn't even look at you or Namjoon. She hadn't glared or given you guys a look of disgust. You suppose that was a good thing, but you couldn't say for sure. You just missed having your best friend so much. Your daydream wasn't to be a lady anymore. What you wanted these days was to be giggling with Hwayoung, talking about anything and everything like the two of you used to.

She's supposed to be acting as if she were your shadow, but it didn't feel like it. You always hated it whenever Hwayoung or any of the other girls were mad at you. It would leave you unable to eat or think straight until you apologized to them. Sometimes they would be stubborn, but you were desperate for their forgiveness. Even if it was over something stupid now that you look back. It's not like you ever meant to intentionally hurt them though. They always knew that and eventually forgave you. Not once have you ever hurt the angels on purpose with your words. You weren't that type of person. You were the one who wanted everyone happy again, but that felt impossible at the moment.

It left you stuck in your head as you walked with the angels. According to Solji, all of you were closer to Lady Eunchae and would arrive in less than five days. So many things were overwhelming you and taking over your mind. It felt like so much that you've been feeling sick. You haven't mentioned it to the others since you didn't want them worrying for nothing. It's not like you couldn't handle it. Only sometimes did you feel lightheaded and nauseous. It couldn't be serious if you hadn't actually thrown up, so you thought everything was fine. Even if your reaction time was slower. You're only lethargic because of this sickness, whatever it is.

"I think we're making excellent time," Solji said as she looked up at the sky. "We just might reach Lady Eunchae in three days if we keep a good pace."

"Three days...how exciting." Namjoon sighed heavily. His sarcasm was evident towards the angels, getting Jeonghwa to snicker.

"I'm still anxious to see how that goes, but we have your back, your Majesty." Solji put her hand on her chest. She nodded with determination which only made Namjoon smile.

"I'm King so I believe Lady Eunchae can't do much against me." Namjoon shrugged in thought. "She has her own little troop of guards to protect her seeing as she's royal blood and daughter of my samchon."