Idea

Ch.11

Traveling with the King has been an absolute delight. The journey only started yesterday, but you were loving it aside from the few worries on your mind. Namjoon could work on befriending the other angels and lose the awkward tone he had around them. Besides you, Hwayoung, and Solji, he could barely act natural around the others. He acted as if he's never met another human before when interacting with them. That was the first thing you noticed. It was something you wanted to talk to him about, but there was never a good time. All the angels had to stay focused on the journey and you figured you might get scolded by the others if you talk too much with Namjoon. Then there was also the fact that your closeness with him could slip at any moment if you talked to him. You really don't want to be caught calling him by his name and have Namjoon defend you for whatever reason.

Most of your worries weren't about dealing with enemies or simple thieves which you believed was good. You felt prepared to handle them with the weapons attached to your body. Plus, there were six other highly trained guards with you. Namjoon was educated on fighting as well. Not that any of you would let him fight. That was for the rest of you to be responsible of. Even when Namjoon was receiving basic training, he hated it. He didn't enjoy a single lesson and openly complained compared to his angels who were only fulfilling their fate. Looking back on those days almost made you want to laugh.

*~*

You stood with your feet apart, planting them into the ground. In your hand was a staff just like what the other angels were holding. All of you were currently getting trained on how to fight with a sword. It was something all of you spent hours working on for some days. It was only the angels who were approved by the teacher who were allowed to practice less. They were also not scolded as much. The only angels approved were the four eldest unnies. The three youngest were still doing their best to meet the teacher's standard. And you meant that! You worked hard, but he also expected you to be unbeatable at the age of fifteen. You're no warrior at the moment, but you were at least strong with a sword. Even at your age, you were much better than the Crown Prince.

While Hwayoung and you were practicing basic techniques, the Crown Prince stood in the corner from pure frustration. He had accidentally broken his staff when sparring with Jeonghwa. Though she wanted to win, she knew she wasn't allowed when it came to the Crown Prince. She did her best and the Crown Prince didn't want to try. It was obvious that the fourteen year old was going easy on the lazy fifteen year old. That automatically angered him, causing him to fight harder for once. That led to his staff completely breaking into two. You were surprised he used so much force for it to break. Jeonghwa was luckily okay, but the Crown Prince currently had a bad attitude.

"What's the point of me learning to fight when she exists?" The Crown Prince threw his staff on the floor roughly. It banged loudly against the stone causing Jeonghwa to flinch. His finger was pointed at her as he glared at the teacher. "And her? Her?" He continued to point out all the angels who were in the training yard with him. "What about the guards? MY soldiers!?"

"They belong to her grace, the Queen." The teacher pursed his lips. "They are not truly yours until you become King. The only ones you have to protect you are your guardian angels and even then they still need to heighten their skills. You're all here learning together for a reason."

"Why must I be punished for their incompetence?" Namjoon shouted. Hwayoung grabbed Jeonghwa and you, forcing all of you to bow low for the Crown Prince. He was spitting out all kinds of things before noticing you guys. The elder angels were wrapping up with practice, suddenly noticing the commotion.

"We apologize, Crown Prince. We'll work longer and harder to meet your standards in order to protect you," Hwayoung said in a firm voice.

"I apologize for upsetting you. I'm so deeply sorry for my intention was not to offend you, Crown Prince." Jeonghwa was shaking. She was still so young then. Just a year younger than you, but a lot more afraid of the Crown Prince. She didn't get to see much of his warm side growing up compared to the rest of you. She's always been scared of him.