Better Left Unsaid

Ch.25

He broke down your walls and was successful in getting you to admit your true feelings to him. You said those three words just like he wanted. You failed in keeping your promise, entering a dangerous realm now and yet you held no regrets. The moment Namjoon kissed you, you were lost in pure love and happiness. This is the first time you're ever experiencing anything that Hwayoung ever did. You always got to see her being in love with Seungwon and hear about their relationship progress. It left you wanting exactly what she had. Now you had it with Namjoon, the two of you unable to quit smiling. The two of you were just over the moon from last night. Just like Hwayoung with Seungwon.

*~*

"Where is Chang Hwayoung?" Hyojin questioned impatiently. It was nighttime and all the angels were meant to rest. A few them were already sleeping in their beds while you and Hyelin were still up. Solji was currently with the Queen so all of you knew she would be a while.

Hyojin repeated her question with a sterner tone. She had her hands on her hips, eyes switching between Hyelin and you. Hyelin gulped, wishing she had fallen asleep earlier and you were having the same thoughts. A sigh left the second eldest before she faced you with a more gentle gaze. It wasn't nearly as intimidating as the first look she gave the two of you. Unnie calmly walked over to you while Hyelin was burying herself under her blankets. She was already pretending to be asleep which you knew was a lie. How could she leave you like this!? Biting your lip, you looked at Hyojin innocently since you genuinely didn't know where Hwayoung was. All she said was that she would be with someone and that obviously meant Seungwon. You promised Hwayoung though to never mention Seungwon to the angels or that she was ever with him at any time.

"Yeon (F/n). My sweet girl...where is she?" Hyojin smiled.

"I don't know." You shook your head uncomfortably. Hyojin's eyes twitched, but it's not like she could pressure a thirteen year old.

"How about this? You're closest to Hwayoung so go out and find her." Hyojin pulled you up onto your feet. "You know all the spots she's most likely to be at."

"B-But Unnie, I'm wearing a thin sokgot." You pouted. Hyojin pursed her lips as she looked you over. You were still covered without much skin showing which caused her to shrug.

"The faster you find her, the faster you get to come back." Hyojin patted you towards the door. Frowning, you looked over at Hyelin who was giving you a supportive look before faking her sleep. Liar!

Sighing as you were kicked out of the angel's quarters, you figured you might as well find Hwayoung. Knowing her and Seungwon, you knew she had to be at the old pond. That was near the Crown Prince's chamber. That's where they got to have most of their private moments. That girl. You shook your head as you waddled over in the direction of the old pond. How does that girl even have time to have a lover? You still couldn't understand why she grew an interest in boys in the first place. They're a bit weird if you're being honest. You prefer playing games, but Hwayoung would rather be with Seungwon. At least Jeonghwa still liked playing games. Hopefully she doesn't get a lover too or else you'll have no one to play with.

Careful with your steps, you walked in the dim lighting of the palace. Many lanterns were lit up, but not enough to keep the place bright as day. You weren't given a lantern by Hyojin unnie and it was best if you didn't carry one. You didn't want to reveal something you shouldn't to nosy court ladies and eunuchs. Those servants really have nothing to do but gossip it feels like. Walking past bushes, your thoughts were proved exactly correct. Hwayoung was with Seungwon at the old pond. They were standing five feet apart when you noticed someone else with them. Narrowing your eyes as you got closer, you realized it was the Crown Prince. Namjoon rubbed his eyes tiredly, pleading for his friend to come with him already. That's when you appeared on the bridge behind Hwayoung as well.