Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Right now there's a war between the vanities

But all I see is you and me

The fight for you is all I've ever known

We walked out of the church after about an hour. Niall's mum and I'm assuming his other brother lead us all out. The three of us lingered back a little, mainly due to the fact Niall didn't want to leave just yet.

"You okay?"

"Yeah... I just need a minute." Niall whispered, taking in a deep breath. A.J. looked around curiously before squirming.

"Daddy. Want down." A.J. whined, throwing his he's back dramatically as I sighed.

"Not now A.J., we gotta find aunt Beth and Blake."

"Down."

"No."

"Daddy." A.J. pouted, looking at me with puppy eyes. They weren't Liam's though so they weren't as effective.

"I said no A.J." I sighed, looking away.

"Please Daddy?"

"Alexander."

"Daddy."

"I said no."

"Daddy say yes." A.J. said, nodding excessively as he tried to get out of my arms again.

"Fine. But you have to hold my hand, understand?"

"I stand Daddy." A.J. nodded eagerly. I set him down on his feet before grabbing his hand. It was tiny compared to mine, but I knew that wasn't going to last forever.

"Mummy, hold hand too?" A.J. stuck out his other hand and looked at Niall expectantly. Niall smiled softly before taking A.J's outstretched hand.

"Course little bean." And together the three of us followed Niall's family to the grave side. Occasionally A.J. would swing between us, a giggle escaping his lips every time his feet left the ground.

"Higher! Swing higher!" A.J. squealed out, running so he had momentum for the swinging motion. Niall had a fond smile on his face as we continues to walk, his eyes mainly on A.J. as we did so. When we finally reached the grave side, the priest was already saying the normal words over the coffin. A.J. still stood between Niall and I as we listened. It didn't take the priest long, his voice cracking as he finished. Everyone whispered amen before walking up to the coffin then away from it. Niall and I still hung back, I honestly felt out of place.. I had no idea how Niall felt. Niall took a deep breath though before finally walking up to the coffin. I watched as his mother's face brightened, and despite the last time I had seen her I smiled to once Niall wrapped his arms around her.

"Who that Daddy?" A.J. asked, his blue eyes looking up at me with curiosity. I picked the little boy back up, bopping his nose before looking back at Niall.

"That's your mummy's mum. She's your other grandma."

"Olly only have one grandma."

"I know he does squirt. "

"I tell him I have two. I king, Olly peasant." A.J. stated proudly, looking at me with a smile as I looked at him in disbelief.

"Alexander... You can't just go around calling people peasants, it might hurt their feelings."

"Daddy only say that cause Daddy peasant." My mouth fell open as A.J. shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.

He was talking to Zayn.

I know he is.

"Harry!" Niall called out, which probably was a good thing before I gave A.J. a speech I know he wouldn't listen to. I looked over to Niall and he gestured me over with a smile. I picked up A.J. who screamed in protest, but was giggling nonetheless.

"Afternoon Mrs. Horan... it's been a while." I said, greeting Niall's mum with a smile.

"It's nice to see you again Harry." She smiled right back at me, but I could tell it was somewhat forced. I didn't really know if it was because of the event or if she just genuinely didnt like me.

I'm going for the event.

"Likewise." I shook her hand, grimacing as A.J. started to hit my back.

"Daddy. Down. Put me down." A.J. yelled out, and I sighed before doing what he asked.

"Alexander, it's not nice to hit." Niall whispered, looking at A.J. somewhat disappointed.

"Daddy mean."

"We still don't hit."

"You named him Alexander?" Maura asked, arching an eyebrow as if she was displeased with the name.

"His name is Alexander Jace Styles, he was born on October 31st." I said, looking at her as I tried to figure this woman out.

"I'm guessing you picked out the name." She said, almost sneering. It was then that I took the forced smile as one to mask the hatred she had for me.

But what had I ever done to her?

"No actually. Niall and I picked the name together." I linked my fingers with Niall's, pulling him a little closer to me.

"What kind of name is Alexander anyways? Why on earth would you even pick that name?" She said, crossing her arms over her chest. Niall let out a sigh as he shook his head.

"Must you do this now? Shouldn't you be happy about the fact you finally get to meet your grandson? His name is Alexander, big deal. He's our son, not yours." Niall said, his voice void of any emotion as he spoke.

"Why are you even here Niall?" She hissed out. Niall looked taken aback for a second, but only for a second.

"My dad died."

"Like you gave a shit." If looks could kill right now, Niall would probably be dead on the ground.

"If you thought I didn't give a shit, then why did you call? I don't understand you. You sit there and ask for forgiveness and beg me to come back... but the second you see Harry you change."

"He isn't good for you Niall."

"He's better than you any day. He's my husband, the father of my children. You could offer me all the money in the world, and I would still pick him over you. He was there for me when you weren't, he accepts me for who I am and I'm done with this conversation. It was nice seeing you mum, but the chances of me coming back again are zero. Come on Harry." Niall grabbed my hand, and I went to grab A.J.'s only to find out he wasn't by my side.

F uck.

----------------------------------------

Bleh.

I'm sick.

Like my throat hurts like really bad and I've got this retched cough along with a headache.

This is mainly why I hate the winter, I get sick once and it develops into like pneumonia.

Hopefully that isn't the case this time, but it appears to be that way.

Anyways, hopefully you guys have had a good day so far.

I'll be in my bed sleeping till it's time for work.

Adios

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx