Chapter Forty-Nine (L.P.)

Chapter Forty-Nine

And you can tell everybody

This is your song

It may be quite simple

Now that it's done

"I'm not keeping the baby Liam..." Niall said after a minute of silence between the two of us. He refused to look at me, his eyes casted towards the ground as I just stared at him blankly.

"Wh-What?" I stumbled over my words, trying to understand what he had just told me.

"I'm not keeping the baby." Niall said again, this time a little louder so that I could hear him.

And then it clicked.

This is why he told me.

"It isn't Harry's..."

"What?"

"You f ucking cheated on him!" I nearly screamed, a sudden wave of anger coming over me.

I was beyond pissed right now.

"No! No I didn't. The baby's Harry's! I swear on my life it is." Niall shook his head, looking at me with disbelief and sadness.

"Then why are you not keeping it?"

"Because... I don't think we can handle another baby." Niall whispered, almost as if he was afraid of my reaction.

And he had every right to be.

For even though it had been years, the pain was still there.

"You don't think you can handle another baby? That's seriously your excuse?" I said calmly, but on the inside I was falling apart. I wanted nothing more than to scream at him.

"Liam... You were once in my situation."

"No. I was never in your situation, never. I lost my chance to have a baby, I lost two babies. I did what I had to do, not because I felt like Zayn and I couldn't handle another baby. I can't have anymore children but not because I don't want to. So don't you dare compare my situation to yours." I hissed at him, my calm resolve beginning to chip away the more he played victim.

He hurt Harry.

He's the one who always hurt Harry.

"You're selfish Niall. You're so goddamn selfish. You take everything you have for granted, your husband... your children... and now you're throwing it all away because you can't handle it. You don't care, you have never cared, so why should I?"

"I care... I have always cared about Harry...."

"You have a funny way of showing it." I snorted, shaking my head as I took a deep breath.

"I know. I'm shit at looking like I actually care. I treat him like shit most of the time and yet he was always there. He's always been there for me, and now he isn't because I pushed him away. I love him, but I can't allow him to let me destroy him."

"You're destroying him now Niall. You have literally taken every piece of him and thrown it away. He loves you goddammit."

"I don't know what to do Liam. I'm scared and I don't know what to do." Niall started to cry, looking at me with helpless eyes.

And against my better judgment I pulled him into my arms for a hug. He cried quietly into my chest for a few minutes while I simply wondered what on earth I was supposed to tell him.

"When I told Zayn I didn't love him anymore... That was probably one of the hardest things for me to do... But I told myself it was better that way, and that's why I know what you're thinking... But dammit Niall, Harry can't be the one to fix it this time. It's your turn, you have to be the one to do it." I finally said, letting go of him. Niall wiped at his eyes as he looked at me, a sad smile crossing over his face as he did so.

"Thank you Liam... For everything really." He said, and for once it actually looked like he meant it. I only smiled back, patting his shoulder softly before climbing into the car. We didn't say anything, the car filled only with the sound of the cooing babies in the backseat. Niall took me back to the school where my car was parked.

"Don't take what you have for granted Niall... You should be grateful for what you have." I whispered, looking at him before climbing out of the car. Niall didn't say anything before driving off, leaving me alone in the school parking lot as I waited for Oliver to walk out. When he did, he had a smile upon his face as he walked up to me. I picked him up the second he reached me, kissing his cheek.

"How is my Olly?"

"Good, tomorrow is career day Daddy. Will you come?" Oliver asked, playing with the collar of my shirt as he looked at me.

"Of course. Anything for my Olly Oliver. Ready to go home?"

"Yes. I want to show Papa my drawing." Oliver nodded, grabbing my hand as I placed him back down on the ground. We walked to the car as he chatted about his day, which continued even on the ride home. I would smile and nod when he would ask questions or stop talking for just a moment.

Once we reached our home, i trailed behind him as he walked to the door. Zayn was the one to open the door, picking up Oliver without a moments hesitation.

I took that moment to appreciate what I had.

I wouldn't change it for the world.

Now if only Niall and Harry could do the same...

------------------------------------

I don't know why, but I love Liam.

He's amazing.

He's also a beautiful human being.

Yup.

QOTD: If Connie wrote a narry based off the movie Moulin Rouge... would anyone read it?

AOTD: answer the question cause Connie really needs the answer.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx