Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

It's not complicated, so this won't take a while

You see music make her dance,

and money money money make her smile

"Go home. I go home." A.J. whined the next morning, glaring at the doctor as he looked over his clipboard. Hector, or as I liked to call him Dick, had just told us A.J. was going to need to stay for another day just to make sure his fever wouldn't come back.

"Not yet kiddo. Just one more day."

"No. I go home." A.J. said it slowly, almost like he was trying to convince Dick that was what was going to happen. Niall and I watched proudly as A.J. stood his ground.

"One more day."

"No."

"It's for you own good."

"No. I go. You stay. I go home." A.J. tried to climb out of the bed, which scared the hell out of both Niall and I as we rushed to grab the little boy before he could even think about getting off the bed.

"Not so fast A.J." I said, holding a hand on his stomach as I pushed him gently back onto the bed. He turned his glare onto me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I no stay. Daddy. I go home." I sighed before nodding. I too was tired of this stupid hospital. The bed sucked.

"Look Dick, he's fine. He doesn't need to stay another day, I mean he hasn't had a fever since yesterday morning."

"Did you just call me Dick?" Dick looked at me like he was offended, but I honestly could care less.

"That's beside the point, just let the boy come home. I promise we will make sure he takes all his medicine and if he spikes a fever again, you'll be the first to know."

"Please?" A.J. looked at Hector with puppy dog eyes, almost begging him to let him go home. Hector let out a sigh before nodding his head.

"Fine. I'll bring you the release forms." Hector walked out of the room with that. A.J. looked excited as he bounced up and down on the bed.

"Home. Home. I go." A.J. chanted, looking at me with a big smile. I returned it and kissed his forehead before looking at the doorway.

"Jack?" I was surprised to see Mr. Caplow standing there. We hadn't seen much of him since we got here, so honestly I thought he isn't come down this wing.

"Hi boys. I just wanted to see how the little guy was doing." He walked into the room and looked at A.J. with a smile. A.J. returned the smile, but he still hid his face in my chest.

"We're actually getting ready to leave... Hector went to grab his paperwork." Jack nodded, still leaning in the doorway as Niall grabbed A.J. some different clothes to wear.

"Well if you boys want to, you can come up to the ultrasound room and see how well the twins are doing?"

"Sure. It'll give A.J. a chance to finally see them." Niall said, helping A.J. change into his batman shirt. Jack smiled again before bidding is farewell.

"What twins?" A.J. asked, his voice muffled as his head got caught in his shirt.

"They're babies. Mummy has two babies in his tummy." Niall said, pulling the shirt completely over his head.

"Why you eat them?"

"I didn't eat them."

"Then why they in your tummy?" A.J. titled his head at Niall and I sat back a little to watch the show. I was waiting for the "where do babies come from" question, but Hector had to ruin it for me.

"Just sign these and you're good to go." He grumbled. I thought about asking him what crawled up his ass and died, but I decided against it.

"Thanks Dick."

"My names not Dick."

"Details." I signed the release form before handing them back to Hector. He left with a grumble, but I could honestly care less. When I looked back at Niall and A.J., A.J. was ready to go.

"Home?"

"Not yet squirt. Just a little while longer." I smiled, picking up A.J. and grabbing Niall's hand.

"Let's go look at our twins."

-----

Jack met us in the lobby of the maturity wing. He smiled at the three of us before leading us back to the ultrasound room. A.J. was sighing dramatically and you could see it on his face that he didn't want to be here.

"So last time I saw you... We decided you were about 12 weeks yes?"

"Yeah..." Niall answered, lifting his shirt up as Jack covered his stomach with the gel.

"Jello!" A.J. squealed, reaching for Niall's stomach.

"That's not jello squirt.
Don't eat it." I grabbed A.J.'s gel covered hand with a grimace before reaching for the paper towels. A.J. pouted while I cleaned it off, but then he was distracted by the excessive thudding that came from the computer speakers.

"What that?" A.J. pointed to the gray screen excitedly, curiosity clear in his blue eyes.

"Those are your siblings Alexander." I whispered, looking at the computer screen myself as I saw the two familiar heads. They were far bigger than the last time we had seen them, and that was a reassuring feeling.

"Siblings?"

"Yes squirt. Siblings."

"Oh." He was still looking at the screen with excitement, and Niall looked over at us fondly.

"You excited little bean?" Niall asked, reaching over and giving A.J.'s hand a squeeze.

"Yes. I excited." A.J. nodded, moving off my lap to walk up to the computer screen. His little hand reached up to touch it, and I could've sworn I heard Niall suck in a breath.

"Now it looks like I have a clear view of what your little babies are... Baby A is clearly a little boy, and Baby B looks to be a girl. Congratulation boys." Jack said, letting us look at the screen as he printed us off a sonogram.

"I big bruder?" A.J. whispered, still looking at the screen in amazement. I couldn't help but take a picture before composing a text message.

To: Birth Giver; Lewis; LiLi; Lukey Pukey; Zayn Swaggy Clown Malik Sent: 12:53 PM

Alexander Jace seeing his little brother and sister for the first time :)

ATTCH: IMG_9271

----------------------------------------

Surprise.

I did a double update.

And I revealed baby genders.

I deserve like a cookie or something.

I don't know.

But like guys... I know A.J. and Oliver are technically second cousins.... and it's weird that I ship them together.

But I do.

And maybe I've been lying to you for 3916481639 years and Liam actually isn't Harry's biological cousin.

Maybe Liam was adopted.

Who knows?

Oh wait. I do.

Hehehe :3

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx