Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

I don't mind spending everyday

Out on your corner in the pouring rain

"So what caused the seizure?" I asked from the hospital bed. A.J. was sound asleep on my chest, and the only way he would do that was for me to be in the bed with. Niall was sitting next to us, his fingers running through A.J.'s hair as he slept.

"We believe it was caused by the severe fever, which was a side effect from the flu your son has. We're currently giving him antibiotics that are helping his little immune system fight it. As you can probably feel, his fever is all but nonexistent at this point." A.J.'s nurse gave us a smile before replacing his IV bag. Niall returned it for a moment before returning his attention back to A.J.

"Thank you." Niall whispered.

"It's our job. He's a very adorable kid though, so I don't mind at all."

"Don't say that when he's awake, it'll get to his head." I said, but I smiled down at the sleeping little boy. I kissed his forehead softly before turning my attention back to the nurse.

"I see where he gets his sense of humor from." She said, shaking her head but had a smile on her face.

"He learned from the best, what can I say?" I smiled too, shaking my head a little.

"You should try living with the both of them. It's lame jokes and stupid puns. They're only funny when they're in public." Niall spoke up, shaking his head as he glared at me.

"My jokes aren't lame."

"Yes they are. And you can never get the one with the chicken right."

"I can too."

"No you ca-"

"Why did the chicken cross the road?!" I shouted over Niall, earning a glare from my husband and a giggle from the nurse.

"I have no clue. Why?" The nurse asked.

"Don't encourage him."

"Shut up Niall. It was to reach the idiots house. Knock knock." I was speaking quickly, not wanting Niall to interrupt me. The nurse was still giggling, shaking her head at the two of us as we glared at each other.

"Who's there?" She asked.

"The chicken. Ha. I win. Suck that Niall. Fucking suck it!" I nearly yelled, which was a bad thing because A.J. woke up.

"Daddy. Swear jar."

"Your timing squirt... I swear to god you have some sort of radar." I shook my head in disbelief. Seriously though....

"Shut up Daddy. I sleepy." A.J. whispered, putting his hand over my mouth before closing his eyes. I assumed he went back to sleep, but I couldn't be quite sure.

"Do you see what I have to put up with?" Niall said, shaking his head but he still had a smile on his face. He locked eyes with me, and I smiled at the sparkle they held.

I loved that sparkle.

"Well I'll leave you guys alone for a little bit. If you need anything just press the button." The nurse said with a smile before finally walking out of the room. Niall and I fell into a comfortable silence, enjoying the peace and quiet. It wasn't often we got this, especially at home when all that A.J. wants to do is run around. I was starting to fall asleep when Zayn and Liam came in. Oliver was holding Zayn's hand though, he looked concerned.

"We interrupting something?" Liam asked.

"Nah. Were just laying here." I mumbled, sitting up in the bed a little. A.J. let out a whine before grabbing my shirt and pulling at it.

"Daddy. No."

"Sorry squirt." I apologized, kissing the top of his head before looking back at Liam and Zayn.

"We were just in the neighborhood and figured we might as well make sure he's okay. Oliver wanted to give A.J. a present anyways." Liam said, looking down at Oliver who I just noticed had a small box in his hand. Oliver walked up to the bed cautiously, almost as if he was nervous or scared. He gave me a tight smile before handing me the box.

"For A.J." He whispered, looking up at me with his golden brown eyes.

"For A.J." I repeated, nodding at the little boy before he ran back over to his parents.

"Alexander... You awake squirt? Olly came to say hi." I whispered, looking down at A.J. who gave me a whine.

"I sleep. I tired."

"I know squirt... but Olly brought you a present. Do you wanna open it?" A.J. gave out a sigh before opening his eyes. He sat up completely before turning and looking at Oliver. He gave Oliver a tired wave before smiling.

"Hi Olly." A.J. whispered, his eyes half closed.

"You okay A.J.?"

"I sleepy."

"Oh." Oliver nodded, looking at A.J. in amazement. It was almost like he had never heard someone say they were tired. I tried not to laugh, but Zayn beat me to it as he burst out into giggles. Liam looked at Zayn like he'd lost his mind, and he smacked his arm roughly.

"Knock it off."

"I-I'm sorry." Zayn said, taking deep breathes as he tried to stop.

"Here's what Olly brought you squirt. How about you open it and then you can go back to sleep?" I said, handing the small box to A.J.

"Okay." He muttered, looking at the box before pulling at the string. He opened it up to reveal a small blue bracelet with his name along with Oliver's embroidered in green on it.

"It was supposed to be his Christmas present, but Olly wanted him to have it now."

"Thank you Olly." A.J. whispered, looking at Oliver with a tired smile.

"I got one too. See A.J.?" Oliver raised his arm up, the bracelet on his wrist was green and their names were in blue. I tried not coo, but Zayn beat me to it.

"I hear wedding bells. Dibs on the DJ."

"Zayn. No."

"Why are you such a fun sucker Liam?"

----------------------------------------

I shipped Olly and A.J. before it was cool.

I don't even know what their ship name is, but ya know.

They're cute.

But maybe it's just a bromance.

Who knows.

I'm full of surprises.

I WAS GOING TO UPDATE LAST MIGHT BUT THEN I DECIDED TO PLAY SIMS AND I ENDED UP PLAYING TILL LIKE ONE.

I'm finally over my sickness though :)

Yay!

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx