Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

I just wanna break you down so badly

Well I trip over everything you say

Well I just wanna break you down so badly

In the worst way

"I'm not going." Niall said about two weeks later. I sighed as I turned around, looking at my husband who was wearing sweatpants and hoodie over his belly. I adjusted my tie as I looked at him.

"Niall, it's Zayn and Liam's wedding. We all need to go." I said, trying not to seem irritated. I got that he didn't want to go... But it wasn't exactly something we could blow off.

"I'm not going. I look like I'm going to explode any minute now, and I refuse to be seen in public like this." Niall crossed his arms over his chest, his eyebrows arching as if he was daring me to tell him otherwise.

"Niall. It's close friends and family. The only people going to be there are people who saw you pregnant the last time."

"I'm not going Harry."

"Please Niall."

"No."

"We will only go to the ceremony..." I said, trying to compromise. Personally I wanted to stay home too... but it was my cousin's wedding.

I couldn't just miss it.

"I said no." Niall said harshly, nearly stomping his foot down as he did so. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him.

"You're acting like a child Niall." I sighed, turning away from him and back at the mirror. I could still see him though, our eyes connecting as he still refused to get ready.

"I just don't feel comfortable going Harry... I can't fit into my suit, and I refuse to go in a sweater and sweats. I just.... I'm uncomfortable." Niall's voice trailed off, his eyes looking away from mine as he bit his lip.

"You're pregnant Ni." I said, turning back to look at him. I didn't understand him.... he didn't look bad to me.

He looked pregnant.

But I guess to him it was a big deal.

"Really? Here I thought I was just getting really fat." Niall said bitterly, looking up at the ceiling as if he were about to cry. I took that as my cue to walk over to my husband, placing both my hands on his stomach. I smiled when I felt a foot press against my hand... or at least I'm assuming it was a foot.

"I won't make you go.... but it would mean a lot to me if you did." I whispered, kissing his forehead softly.

"I don't have anything to wear."

"Just throw on a pair of jeans and I'm sure we can find you a black tshirt or something."

"Okay."

"Honestly I think you look flawless in what you're wearing."

"You only say that because you're my husband." Niall gave a sad chuckle, shaking his head at me a little. I just smiled at him, kissing his cheek before letting go of him.

"Maybe. But you're still flawless babe. Now you get dressed, I'm gonna go see if our son is ready to go."

"Alright. Have fun with that."

"I will. He's a lot easier to handle." Niall stuck his tongue out at me, earning an eye roll from me as I walked away from him. A.J. was in his room playing with his toys when I walked in. He was already in his suit, granted it was a little wrinkled... but we could worry about that later.

"You ready to go squirt?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe as he continued to play. He didn't even show any form of acknowledgement as I waited for an answer.

"Alexander?"

"What?"

"Are you ready?"

"Yes. But I no go Daddy. I stay." I mentally groaned as he spoke, the realization that A.J. was just as difficult as Niall coming over me.

I should know better...

Dammit.

"Sorry kiddo, but like I told your mummy... We gotta go. Now c'mon, I'm sure your mummy is waiting for us downstairs."

"I no want to."

"I know. Nobody wants to do anything today." I sighed, walking over to A.J. and picking him up from the ground. He let out a squeal of surprise as I did this, looking at me in complete disbelief once I had him situated.

"Daddy no." He whined, pushing at my arm as he started to squirm.

"Sorry kiddo, sometimes we gotta do stuff we don't wanna do." I carried the squirming three year old to the front room where Niall was waiting. I smiled when I saw he was ready to go, making my life easier.

"Mummy. Tell Daddy that I no go. I stay."

"Sorry squirt... We're all going..." Niall ruffled A.J.'s hair as he gave him a smile. A.J. pouted as he did this, but thankfully he stopped squirming.

"Let's get going then. We're already late as it is."

It didn't take long to get loaded up into the car and to get on the road. A.J. was still pouring in the back, and it wasn't until we were halfway there that he started to kick the back of my seat. I was trying to ignore it, but with every jolt forward I was getting more and more irritated.

"Alexander, knock it off." I said through gritted teeth once we reached a stop light. He didn't stop though, in fact it seemed like he was kicking harder. The light turned green, but as my attention was directed to the temperamental three year old in the back seat I didn't see the truck running the red light.

And the world went black.

------------------------------------

Well, that puts a damper on things...

Cliffhanger.

Oops.

Kinda.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx