Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

Now that the smoke is gone,

I can see that I'm all alone.

Forever has been long enough.

I need you to come back home.

The first thing I felt when I woke up was an intense pain in my ribcage. It was almost as if someone had lit a match and placed it underneath my skin, the flame now raging as if it's main goal was to consume everything in its path. The second thing I noticed was the fact that I wasn't in my own bed, the last I checked my bed was a lot bigger and always had another human being in it...

So where was Niall?

And what the hell was that excessive beeping noise?

"Fuck." I opened my eyes to instantly regret it, the bright lights blinding me. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust, and when they finally did I took note that I was laying in a hospital bed.

Why the hell am I in a hospital?

Where's Niall?

"Harry... Thank god." I blinked, my gaze turning to Liam who was sitting next to me. He looked as if he'd been crying...

What the hell was going on?

"Li? Wh-" I broke into a fit of coughs, my throat clenching and the pain in my ribs flaring up. It took a few minutes for it to stop, but the pain in my ribs seemed to get worse.

"What ha-happened?" I breathed out, leaning against the bed as I tried to will the pain away. It hurt so bad...

"There was an accident.... You were on your way to my wedding, and some guy ran a red light... He hit you on your side... You've got a couple broken ribs, a really nasty gash on your head, and shit load of bruises. Doc said you suffered from a concussion and there was a possibility of short term memory loss."

"A-And Niall?" I asked, my heart speeding up as Liam hesitated to answer.

"Liam... Where's Niall?" Liam didn't say anything in fact he refused to even look at me. I couldn't breathe, the pain in my chest not just coming from the pain in my ribs anymore.

"Dammit Payne, tell me where my husband is!" I started to cry at this point, looking at Liam as I waited for an answer.

"He's in surgery Harry." Liam whispered, finally looking at me. I didn't like the look in his eyes as he did this, there was no hope.

"What's wrong with him? You said the car hit my side...." And then the sudden horror hit me. A.J. had been sitting behind me...

"Al-Alexander?! Li-Liam where's A.J.?!" I nearly screamed, sitting up again but this time I couldn't ignore the sudden flare up of my pain. I let out a gasp before collapsing back onto the bed. I couldn't hear much in the room, the only sound reaching my ears was my heart beat as I tried to breathe.

Why couldn't I breathe?

--------------

I woke up about an hour or so later to Liam's voice. He was talking to someone that I didn't know about something I could honestly care less about.

No one had told me if my family was okay, and with every passing second I was beginning to assume the worse.

So when I woke up for the second time that day, I waited patiently until Liam walked back to my bedside.

"How're you feeling?"

"Like I got hit by a car." I gave a dry chuckle, shaking my head as Liam looked at me.

"Where's my family Liam? You... You keep avoiding the question and it's scaring the crap out of me right now..."

"Harry..."

"I just need to know Liam..."

"A.J. is fine Harry... He's in the children's wing as we speak probably bragging to Oliver about how he's got a cast and he doesn't. He's fine." I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding.

A.J. was okay.

My little bean was okay...

"Why couldn't you just tell me that?"

"You didn't give me a chance to..."

"And Niall?"

"He's... He's okay too. Worried about you mostly... he doesn't know you're awake yet."

"Can I go see him?"

"Harry... You're hardly in any shape to be moving around right now."

"I need to see him Liam."

"Harry..."

"I don't give a shit if you dont think I should move, I need to make sure he's okay. I have to see it for myself." I shifted to move out of the bed, but once again there was that intense burning sensation in my ribcage again.

"Harry... You're going to make it worse... Just sit here for a minute okay? I'll see what I can do."

"Okay... Thanks Li..."

"It's the least I can do...For all the shit you've done for me ya know?" Liam left then but only for a few minutes. He came back with a wheelchair, which he obviously had just taken out of the hall.

"Quick. They don't know I grabbed this..." Liam said, carefully helping me out of the bed and into the wheelchair. I grabbed the IV pole before nodding at Liam that I was ready.

"Hold on tight Harry... We're breaking out."

"Liam... We're leaving a hospital room... not a prison cell."

"Shh... Let me have this moment Harry."

"It's hardly a moment Liam... You're literally rolling me down a hallway in a wheelchair, forgive me if I'm not seeing the m-" Liam took off running at that point, and I'm ashamed to admit that a very high pitched squeal escaped me as this happened. We reached Niall's room in record time, coming to a screeching stop in the doorway. Niall looked up from his hands, the sad expression on his face disappearing as his eyes fell on me.

"Harry..." He breathed out, a quiet sob escaping his lips as Liam wheeled me closer to him.

"Hey baby..." I whispered, a sob of my own coming out. I grabbed his hand once we reached the side of the bed, linking my fingers with his as I looked at him. It was then I noticed something...

The twins.

They were no longer inside Niall.

Where were the twins?

------------------------------------

You guys always assume I'm gonna kill someone.

Like jfc.

When have I ever killed a main character?

Oh wait...

Never mind.

I'm a terrible person. You guys can judge me.

Anyways, Shiver made it onto the next round for the bromance awards :) so that's pretty awesome. I don't know when the next voting is, but I'll let you know. (UPDATE: voting is actually open if you want to go vote.)

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx