Chapter Thirty-Three (N.H.)

So I never say, "Goodbye, cruel world."

Just know that I'm alright

I am not afraid to die

"If I am stuck here one more day, I am breaking out. I don't care anymore what you say, I refuse to stay here anymore." Was the first thing I heard when I arrived into Harry's room. He was glaring at the doctor, arms crossed over his chest as he did so. The doctor gave a visible sigh as he looked at Harry, his head shaking a little.

"Mr. Styles, as I have told you the last few times... We can't release you until we know for sure your ribs are healing properly, if they don't heal properly they could end up harming you even further."

"That's great and I really appreciate it, but seriously doc... It's been almost two weeks, and I promised my son I would come home the next time he came here. Is there like a way I can just... Heal at home?" Harry looked desperate, his eyes begging. I was slowly waiting for the moment where he dropped down on his knees and begged.

But that would just make matters worse.

"I'm afraid not Mr. Styles. It's only another few days or so."

"I'm begging you here. I can't stand another minute in this place."

"I'm sorry Mr. Styles."

"I can take care of him... I'll make sure he doesn't do anything that'll cause him anymore damage..." I spoke up, the doctor turning to look at me with raised eyebrows. Harry's face instantly brightened when he saw me, giving me a small wave.

"And who are you exactly?" The doctor asked, looking at me down the bridge of his nose. He was older man, and in all honesty he reminded me of Hector.

"I'm his husband." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I see. I'm your husband's doctor, Doctor Taylor." Doctor Taylor held out his hand, which I shook quickly before returning to my previous stance.

"As I was saying earlier, I can take care of my husband at home. So really you should just sign the release papers."

"And as I was telling your husband Mr. Styles, I'm afraid that I can't do that. There's too much risk." I let out an annoyed sigh, glaring at Doctor Taylor.

"Listen, I have a three year old kid who wants his daddy home. I have two more kids in the fucking NICU. I am stressed out beyond compare and would really fucking appreciate it if you signed the papers so I can at least have the company of my husband in our home. If you dont, then I guess you get the honor of dealing with the temper tantrum that's gonna happen the second our son finds out Daddy isn't coming home." I hissed, a sudden surge of anger coming over me. It was probably due to the pent up stress I had, but I could honestly care less.

What I was asking for was simple.

Yet he was making it complicated.

God, it's almost like he was Hector reincarnated.

"I..." Doctor Taylor stumbled over his words, honestly looking absolutely terrified of me at this point.

"Well?" I said, arching my eyebrows at him.

"I'll... I'll go get the release forms for you." And with that Doctor Taylor rushed out of the room. A slow clap sounded, and I looked at Harry who was looking at me with shock.

"Remind me to never get on your bad side.... Jesus."

"You're often on my bad side, you're just immune to it by now. " I said, rolling my eyes at him as I walked over to his bed. He smiled up at me before kissing my cheek.

"I love you."

"Yeah. I love you too, idiot."

"But I'm your id-"

"Don't. Just don't." I said, shaking my head at him as I covered his mouth. He still smiled though, his eyes sparkling as he looked at me.

I loved this idiot.

--------

"Ready?" I asked Harry about an hour later. Doctor Taylor didn't waste much time getting us the release forms, but Harry refused to leave without stopping to see the twins. To be honest I hadn't been down there much myself... the sight making me want to cry.

It wasn't easy to see them hooked up to machines, wires and needles sticking out of their bodies. They were so tiny compared to A.J. when he first came out, and to be honest even he was small.

"Yeah... Let's go." Harry said, grimacing as he stood up from the hospital bed. He walked slowly over to me, grabbing my hand once he did reach me. He gave it a reassuring squeeze, a soft smile on his face. We made our way down to the NCIU, our progress slow due to Harry's injuries but also because I was in no rush.

I was scared.

I was scared that their conditions had worsened...

I was just scared....

When we did reach the NCIU, we were greeted by Sarah. Sarah was the nurse who was put in charge of the twins, taking care of them for their stay. She smiled at me, recognizing me from an earlier visit.

It was reassuring.

"It's nice to see you again Niall, and you must be Harry." Sarah said, smiling at Harry as she shook his hand.

"And you are?" Harry asked, leaning on me a little for support. I could tell he was trying to hide his pain.

"I'm Sarah. I'm in charge of your twins while they're here. I'm to take care of them and ensure they develop enough to go home. I'm assuming you know of their condition?"

"To an extent..."

"Well if you'll just follow me, I'll fill you in as much as I can." Sarah motioned towards a door before walking to it, Harry and I followed her through it.

"As I'm sure you're aware, both of them are extremely underweight and have issues controlling body temperature which is why we've been keeping both in incubators. Your daughter is the healthiest of the two, her sleep apnea has gotten better since she's been here, but it's still a mild concern. Your son on the other hand is hooked up to a machine to help him breathe because he is unable to do himself without using up what little energy he has. We also have reason to believe that your son may be blind due to the cloudiness of his eyes when he first opened them. We can't be sure though. Both twins are now in stable condition, it was a little touch and go there for a while." Sarah finally stopped talking along with walking. We were now standing in front of a door that had a whiteboard on it. It had the twins names written on it.

"This is it... Now Niall you already know what it looks like in there... Harry, just... It may look bad, but everything in that room is helping the twins okay?" Harry nodded, his hand gripping mine a little tighter as she opened the door revealing the twins.

And just like that, I started to cry.

------------------------------------

Well.

That wasn't too bad of an ending.

Whoop.

Anyways, I posted the one shot book if you guys weren't already aware.

Requests are still open so you're totally welcome to go request :)

Christmas break is almost over :(

I'm so upset.

But I hope you guys all had a good New Year's Day, I did haha.

Love you :)

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx