Chapter Twenty-Eight

We shout at the cops, we howl at the moon

Just a matter of time

Don't you get it

Waking up in my own bed was something I never realized I would miss so much... but really it wasn't the fact that i was finally in my own bed... it was the fact that I was woken up by a pair of small hands on my face and the feeling Niall curled up beside me.

That's what I missed.

"Daddy. Wake up." A.J. whispered, poking my face as I tried to sleep just a few minutes longer. Of course I knew this was impossible.

"I'm up bean." I groaned, opening my eyes to be met with the sight of a messy haired A.J., a smile on his little face as he noticed I was actually waking up. I sat up slowly, earning a hum from Niall who was still fast asleep. I kissed his cheek before I climbed out of the bed, sighing as the cold air hit my bare chest.

"Cmon squirt. Let's get you something to eat yeah?"
I whispered, picking up A.J. who nodded excitedly. He wrapped his arms around my neck as we walked out of the room, his head resting on my shoulder. When we reached the kitchen I set him down on the counter, something I knew Niall would frown at but I didn't care. I wanted to have A.J. close as I made us breakfast.

"What do you want squirt?"

"Pancakes. Chocolate." He smiled at me brightly, his hands gripping the edge of the counter as he did so. He squinted his eyes as he smiled, his teeth and dimples showing.

"As you wish." I kissed his cheek before turning to the cupboard that held the pancake mix. A.J. watched with amazement as i did this.

"Daddy?" He asked after a minute or two.

"Yes Alexander?" I replied, mixing the pancake mix together.

"I be you when I grow up." I stopped for a second, looking at the three year old little boy that sat on the counter top. I didn't know what to say really. It wasn't because he was telling me he wanted to be me... it was because the idea of A.J. growing up terrified me.

Someday, he wasn't going to need me.

He would grow up.

Start a family of his own.

He'll face the world, and I won't be able to protect him from the terrible things in it.

Someday he'll experience what it's like to truly love someone... and what it's like to lose them.

And call me selfish... but I didn't want him to ever have to go through that.

I never wanted to see his bright smile fade or for his eyes to ever stop shining.

"Daddy? Is you okay?" A.J. patted my cheek, looking at me with concern. I hadn't really realized I had spaced out...

"Can you promise me something little bean?" I whispered, putting down the pancake mix for a second.

"Yes Daddy."

"Promise me you'll never stop smiling okay?"

"Why?" A.J. looked at me curiously, cocking his head to the side as he did so. I just chuckled before kissing his cheek.

"Because I asked you to. Now promise me Alexander Jace, or no pancakes for you." A.J.'s eyes grew wide before he viciously began to nod.

"I promise Daddy. I promise."

"Good. Now help me with these why don't ya."

-----------------

Niall didn't wake up till well past noon, a tired smile on his face as he walked into the living room where A.J. and I sat on the floor. We were currently playing with A.J.'s action figures, another thing I didn't think I would miss as much as I did. He sat down on the couch, the baggy sweater he had thrown on ridding up to reveal the bottom of his swollen stomach. I smiled as I saw the little toes that belonged to one of the twins sticking out against the skin.

"They just can't seem to wait to come out... Can they?" I said, pausing for a moment to look at Niall. I gently touched his stomach, my smile growing as I felt them move around.

"No they can't. I thought that maybe once you got back they'd calm down, but it's almost like they've gained more energy." Niall sighed, his own hand rubbing at his stomach.

"They seemed to be fine last night."

"And they were... I just wish that I could have a while before they kick the hell out of my ribcage and bladder."

"It's only for a little while longer babe." I whispered, kissing the top of his stomach before turning my attention back to A.J.

"You excited squirt?" I asked him, earning a quiet him from A.J. he wasn't really paying attention, his focus on the batman action figure. Niall laughed quietly, shaking his head as A.J. continued to ignore me.

"He's excited. He can't wait to be a big brother... You should've seen him when your mum took us shopping... it was almost exactly like when we went all those years ago from him... He's definitely your son."

"Well I would sure hope so... It'd be awkward if he wasn't." Niall snorted before shaking his head at me.

"Harry, you're an idiot." He said, but he was smiling and his eyes were filled with admiration. I returned the smile before standing up and kissing him.

"But I'll always be your idiot, no matter what."

------------------------------------

Fluff.

Fluff.

Fluff

Fluff

There's so much of it that I just...

Idek.

So like I posted a new story today... surprise surprise.

But if you guys would maybe check it out and leave some feedback, I would really appreciate it haha.

It's called Lips Like Poison, cover is in the multimedia and i will put the description below.

It's a Harry centric book, something I've never done before.

But yeah. I hope you guys had a great Christmas yesterday :)

Love you xx

Comment

And

Vote

Connie

Description:

-| love me or hate me, either way i'm on your mind |-

With lips so sweet he drove them insane.

One by one.

They became nothing more.

The first took a train.

The second took a bullet.

The third took the noose.

And the fourth?

He took a knife straight to his heart.