Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Nine

Do you know what's worth fighting for?

When it's not worth dying for?

Does it take your breath away and you feel yourself suffocating?

I woke up to the feeling of the sun on my face and someone's fingers tracing the tattoos that decorated my chest. I sighed as I opened my eyes to see the top of Niall's head resting on my chest.

"Morning." I whispered, groaning a little as I moved up into a sitting position.

"Morning." His voice croaked as he spoke, looking up at me with a soft smile. I smiled back before looking over at the clock that sat on the nightstand. I let out another groan as I noticed it was nearly noon.

"I guess I should be saying afternoon... Dammit, we have to get up."

"Why? Liam's got A.J., and hospital visiting hours don't end till eight." Niall hummed, kissing me softly.

"What are you suggesting?" I asked, arching my eyebrows at him as he giggled.

"Well it depends... What are you up for?"

"I'm up for cuddling. I'm up for holding you for as long as I'm allowed. I might kiss you a little bit, but that's for me to know and for you to find out."

"Oh really now?"

"Yes." I said, wrapping my arms around him before rolling us over. I hovered over him for a second before kissing him.

"You're an idiot." He whispered, looking up at me. His eyes were bright and his smile once again genuine as I kissed him again and again, earning a giggle from him.

"I love you too." I whispered, smiling down at him. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever, the house so quiet that we didn't really feel the need to do anything.

So when my phone rang, it want impossible to miss. I groaned as I sat up, grabbing it off the bedside table. I frowned as I didn't recognize the number, but I answered it anyways.

"Hello?" But there was no answer on the other side. Niall was looking up at me curiously as I waited for an answer.

"Hello?" I asked again, but this time there was an answer...

"Hello guard do-" I didn't give him a chance to finish hanging up and throwing my phone back down on the nightstand.

"Who was it?" Niall asked, propping himself up on his elbows as he looked at me. I just shook my head as I stood up from the bed, grabbing a pair of underwear off the floor and slipping them on. I was keeping a straight face, not wanting to worry Niall. I had never told him about Jimmy being around here, but to be fair he never asked.

"Don't know. Must've been a prank caller." I said, walking over to the dresser to grab a pair of pants. Niall sat up in the bed, his hands in his lap as he looked at me.

"You're lying."

"No I'm not. I seriously have no idea who it was babe." I said, turning to look at him after pulling a shirt over my head. Niall looked upset, something that I didn't want to see today.

It started off so great.

"You sure? I mean... I won't get mad or anything if you do."

"It was no one." I walked over to the bed, kissing him softly before poking his side. Niall let out a squeak which in turn made us burst out laughing.

"Now get dressed my beautiful husband, I believe we have an over energized three year old and a baby to bring home." I bopped his nose before walking into the bathroom.

"Harry?" He called from the bedroom.

"What?" I asked, opening the medicine cabinet to find my toothbrush.

"When do you think we will get to take Jonah home too? I feel awful just leaving him there by himself."

"He'll be home before we know it. He just has to get better Ni." I shouted, finally finding my toothbrush. It was next to a full bottle of pills, ones that I knew belonged to Niall.

They were his anti-depressants.

"Dammit." I whispered, looking at the bottle in disbelief.

"I know he does... I just feel bad. I wish we could take both of them home with us." Niall's voice sounded closer to the bathroom, so I quickly shut the medicine cabinet and started to brush my teeth.

I didn't want to cause an argument today.

Niall joined me just a minute later, grabbing his own toothbrush and brushing his teeth. I finished before him so I left the bathroom, grabbing my phone as I went down to the kitchen. It rang again, the same number again. I didn't pick it up.... the first time.

The second time I only picked it up for a moment.

"Stop calling me." I hissed out, hanging up the phone and sticking it in my pocket. Niall came down the stairs after that, a smile on his face as he grabbed his shoes.

"Ready?" He asked, sitting on the floor as he put them on. I nodded, sighing a little as I too grabbed my shoes. I could feel my phone vibrating in my pocket, but I refused to look at it.

I already knew who it was.

"Did you take your medication?" I asked, just wondering if he was going to lie.

"Course I did. I take it everyday." Niall said, a smile on his face. He didn't even hesitate before answering me.

"Good..." I said, trailing off as I tried not to get upset. I was getting better about that.

"Are we going to go now?"

"Yeah... Sorry, I'm just having an off day all of a sudden." I said, my voice sounding somewhat sarcastic. Niall just simply nodded before walking out the front door. I grabbed the car keys off the table before following him.

My phone was still vibrating.

And Niall was lying to me.

------------------------------------

Who remembers when I said this story would be no more than 35 chapters?

Ha.

I'm a liar obviously.

I can't even tell you when this story is gonna end.

Cause there's so many plot holes.

But yeah.

This isn't the character ask.

Sorry. I haven't had time to transfer questions over yet, and then I have to answer them... and yeah.

Excuses right?

But happy birthday to Zayn! Maybe I'll include him in the next chapter tomorrow :)

Anyways, thanks for 10k on this story :). It still amazes me how much support this series has had, and I'm gonna be really sad when it ends :(

Luckily for us there's two spinoff stories in the making.

;)

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx