Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

I had a dream you died

And I just wanna be with you tonight

Mission bells were ringing

Somewhere higher

"Olly. I big bruder." A.J. squealed as soon as the Payne-Malik family walked into our home. Zayn helped Oliver with his coat while Liam took care of his own. As soon as Oliver was free, he went running over to A.J., and the two of them disappeared into A.J.'s room.

"Where's Niall at?" Liam asked, his face confused as he couldn't find Niall in the front room.

"He's in the kitchen. He wanted to cook everything by hand. He's almost done, but there was few things he still needed to finish."

"I'll go help him then." Liam said, walking back into the kitchen where Niall was. Zayn and I stood awkwardly in the front room, neither of us really making the move for conversation.

"So.... I have some name suggestions for the babies." Zayn said slyly, passing me a piece of paper that was folded excessively.

It was a pretty small square.

"Okay?"

"I think it's perfect." Zayn said, smiling as I opened the paper. It took me a minute, but when I did there was only one name on the paper.

ZAYN

"No. Not happening." I shook my head, crumpling up the paper as I got ready to toss it. There was no way in hell that was happening.

No way in hell.

"Why not though?! Zayn is a beautiful name!"

"I'm not naming either of them Zayn." I crossed my arms over my chest, looking at Zayn with an arched eyebrow.

"It's a name for a god."

"Then name your child Zayn!" I yelled, but instantly regretted it when I saw Zayn's face fall.

"Shit... Zayn I didn't mean to... I'm sorry." I tried to repent for my previous words, shaking my head as I apologized.

I'm an idiot.

I'm such an idiot.

F. U. C. K.

"It's okay Harry... It was an accident... I mean I really should be over it right? It's been three f-fucking years." And I watched as he kinda just fell apart in front of me. He didn't really cry or least from what I could see, but he fell onto the couch with his face in his hands. I sat down next to him, wrapping an arm around him as he silently cried. I rubbed his back, hoping that somehow that would help comfort him. I wasn't very good at comforting people, I usually just stood there like an idiot.

"Sorry about that. I... I don't know what came... what came over me." Zayn said after a moment, scrubbing at his eyes as he sat up.

"It's okay to cry sometimes Zee."

"I didn't cry. I was sweating through my eyes."

"And I'm straight." I scoffed, shaking my head.

"You can't tell Liam... Promise me you won't tell him."

"Why can't I tell him?" I looked at Zayn confused. I hadn't exactly been planning on telling Liam anyways, but that didn't mean I didn't want to hear the reason.

"You just can't. I don't want him to know Harry."

"Why not though? This is a big thing in your relationship... Shouldn't you like... Talk to him?" Zayn let out a sigh as he shook his head.

"He thinks I hate him for it. He thinks that I blame him for what he couldn't control... Harry, it's gotten to the point where I feel like he doesn't even want to be with me anymore... sometimes I think he only stays because of Olly. I.... I love him. I want to marry him. But he's so closed off and I'm lucky if he talks to me for more than a few minutes. I miss him. I want the old Liam back..." Zayn looked at the kitchen doorway almost longingly, and honestly my heart broke for him. I missed the old Liam too...

"I want the Liam who was more in love with turtles than he was me. I want the Liam who's eyes squinted when he smiled... I want him to go back to grabbing the tip of his ear when he talked about something he loved... I want the man I fell in love with, not the shell he's become." Zayn whispered, looking back down at his hands. He rubbed them together before letting out a long sigh and turning to me.

"I asked him to marry me three years ago and he told me to ask him again in the morning... You wanna know what I did? I asked him again and his reply was the same. I have asked him every single morning since then, and his answer is always the same... I'm so close to just stopping." Zayn ran a hand through his hair before biting his lip and looking over at me. I didn't really know what to say, I mean once upon a time I was kinda in the same boat... Niall absolutely refused to marry me for a good six months.... but it didn't take three years.

"Well it took Niall and I nearly breaking up for him to agree to marry me. Maybe you should threaten a break up?" Zayn glared at me before flipping me off. I tried to be offended, but to be completely honest.... I deserved it.

"I'm not going to threaten a break up."

"I'm just saying it works!"

"Harry."

"What?"

"You're an idiot."

"But at least I'm yo- No. I'm not your idiot. I'm Niall's idiot. You're not allowed to call me an idiot."

----------------------------------------

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE

IF YOU DONT READ THIS, WE CANT BE FRIENDS.

SO.

I HAVE A QUESTION.

OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE SEEN THE PIC IN THE MULTIMEDIA AND YOURE PROBABLY LIKE "wtf. Connie. Wtf is this. Wtf."

Well it's the cover for the spin off I've had planned since the second book?

It's basically Liam and Zayn's story. Like how they ended up together, them finding out about Oliver. You'll find out Liam and Zayn's past, yadda yadda.

But my question is, should I post it now? Or should I wait until the end of this story?

Cause I have something else planned after this story is over (no it's not another sequel, it's something else and I'm still figuring out the details...)

But yeah.

Let me know :)

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx