𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

↱𝟸𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕↲

Over the past couple of years, once i graduated, i dedicated myself to being the manager of the Boys Volleyball team at Karasuno. Unfortunately, I had a small injury in my leg and the doctors told my mom i shouldn't play volleyball for a while, so this is really just a way to keep the sport in my life. Me being a 2nd year means that i've become sort of like the big sister of the team, i wouldn't take Suga Mamas spot like that of course.

The first years have all been adopted by me and i respected the 3rd years more than words could ever describe. The only thing that i could say i'm not happy with is that i still haven't met 𝚑𝚒𝚖. It's been 2 years already since i told myself I would meet him, maybe even become his friend. It's not easy to follow a dream when you have no idea how to make it come true. I just wish, for once i could-

"(y/n)-san! Watch out!" My eyes snapped forward and I quickly set up the ball that was headed for my face a second ago, letting it bounce softly on my head and to the ground. The team looked at me, once again being surprised that I used to play volleyball myself. A shadow cast over my eyes and i stood up slowly.

"Which one of you punks threw that one, huh?!" I rose my head up and glared at everyone until I saw Hinata trying to avoid eye contact.

"Boke! Hinata Boke! I told you watch where you're aiming the damn ball!" Kageyama pulled Hinata hair as he whined and tried to apologize to me at the same time. I smiled softly then, flinching at the exhale i heard come out of the mouths of everyone else in the gym. "Oh come on, i'm not really scary." I pouted and sat back down.

"Alright guys. Since you guys seem to be all warmed up, today we're going to have you guys go running in pairs to exercise!" Shimizu-senpai stood you next to me and nodded, asking the boys to go get changed into something comfortable so we could go. As they all walked away I unzipped my Karasuno jacket and looked over at Shimizu. "Y'know Kiyoko, maybe we should start looking for another manager soon. I don't want you to leave but next year I might not be able to focus on the team as much with exams and i could use some help."

I rubbed the back of my next nervously but she gave me a soft smile. "Actually, i've already started looking for someone. It's a lot harder than it looks tho." My eyes teared up as I looked at her angelic form and I dropped to the floor in defeat. "Such a goddess."

⊱⊱⊱

"Alrighty! You're just gonna do ten dashes up this road until you get to the halfway mark and PLEASE watch for cars." I face palmed and stood seriously in front of the group. "Alright first pair.... Ennoshita and Tanaka!" Daichi yelled out as they lined up and started sprinting after he clapped.

After a few moments, it was Hinata and Kageyama's turn to dash. 'I've got a bad feeling about these two for some reason' I thought as Daichi clapped and they sprinted off, screaming and clearly competing. I giggled at the cute behavior and didn't pay any mind until Tanaka came jogging back down the hill.

"KageHina just sprinted away and we're like 100% sure they have NO idea where they're going." I groaned out loud and put my face in my hands. "These first years are going to be the death of me!" I yelled out and took off my jacket, giving it to Tanaka and adjusting the white fitted shirt I was wearing. "I'll bring them back, please wait here." I bowed lightly and jogged after them at a nice pace.

⊱⊱⊱

After a while I had to stop and catch my breath. I painted lightly and looked up, putting my hands above my eyes to read out a road sign. "Wakano 3-chrome..." It seemed familiar and I got the feeling that they must be around here somewhere. Taking a deep breath, I crossed the street and kept jogging until I came to the gates of a school.

There were a few students left and I nervously asked them if they had seen any baby crows around or any gingers. Everyone smiled and said no but I had a feeling they were here. The school was huge! I forgot to look at the name coming in but it really was beautiful. I wanted to explore but stopped in my tracks when I seemed to hear a bit of yelling over by a large building.

"Their gym?" I walked over and smiled widely waving and running when I say an orange filled head of hair. But then I stopped. Hinata and Kageyama seemed to be talking to someone. I peered around the corner and took a look, regretting it as my eyes widened and my body froze.

"If Seijoh is infertile soil, does that make us concrete or something?"

I knew Hinata was talking but I could move.

"I apologize if I hit a nerve. However, words from someone who couldn't even beat Aoba Johsai mean nothing to me." I gasped silently, looking at the murderous look in Hinata's eyes and feeling a sense of rage myself. But even so....what was this feeling building up in my stomach.

I took a deep breath and walked closer, smirking as Hinata jumped up and snatched a ball away that had made its way outside.

"I'm going to beat you and go to nationals." I laughed out loud which caused the 3 of them to look at me. My cheeks flushed and I tried not to do it but... Once I looked at 𝚑𝚒𝚖 my heart seemed to skip a beat.

"Ah- I'm sorry. The conversation looked important but I came to pick up my little crows. They weren't too much trouble were they?" I walked closer and prayed to my heart to lower it's sound. Surely he could here it.

"Though, I must say. Hinata can be so unpredictable, right Ushijima-kun?" I smiled sweetly and bowed in apology. When I looked up I averted my eyes but still stood y'all. "Even so, everything he said was true! We will go to Nationals no matter what."

Ushijima's face turned into a little bit more a scowl but that only made the butterflies move faster. "Thank you for taking care of them. Boys-" My eyes turned murderous for a second time today. "Let's head back." They flinched a bit but followed me without a question.

'So... The first thing I say to him and it's a challenge. Way to go (y/n)'

Authors Note:
Hello my lovelies! I liked his chapter but i'm excited to keep the story going, I have so many ideas I wanna share with you guys! Hope you enjoyed this and I'll try to update as soon as possible Chu~