𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼.𝟻

↱𝟷𝚜𝚝 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕↲

"huh?" (y/n) looked up at the dark haired male as she took a bite of her meatbun. Natsumi had her arms crossed and was glaring at the guy that had just asked for her friends' number. "You don't even know her but you want to ask her on a date?" He raised an eyebrow at her in question. "Isn't that how you start to get to know people?"

(y/n) took the phone that he had pointed out to her and swiftly put her number in, giving it back to him as she tried to hide the blush on her face. "Cute~" He cooed as he waved the girls goodbye and walked out with a guy with black and silver hair. "You're not really gonna go are you?" Natsumi leaned across the table with a look of panic and concern plastered on her face. "Why not? You're probably going to disguise yourself and follow me anyway." (y/n) winked at her, giving her the idea and Natsumi finally gave in. "Just be careful, something about him bugs me."

"i'll be extra careful! If you want, i can ask one of the volleyball boys to go with me, i'm sure Nishinoya wouldn't mind." (y/n) snickered as Natsumi blushed a small bit at the boys name but she didn't tease her about it. "Fine fine, but i'll be going by myself. If you feel off or unsafe than text me and i'll get the guys!" She threw a thumbs up as (y/n) finished her bun and got up to pay. "Let's go then, Natsumi!"

⊱⊱⊱

Unfortunately for (y/n), the date that they had chosen to meet up just so happened to be when a major thunder storm was coming through the area. The only problem was that she was already out of the house with her light denim jeans, a white shirt, and a cute jacket with bnha art on the back. "(y/n)!" She turned and stood up as she heard a semi-familiar voice call out to her. Kuroo had on a fitted polo shirt with some sweats and might i say he looked scrumptious. "sorry! i didn't know that it would rain this hard today, we can cancel if you want."

(y/n) shook her head, opening her own umbrella as she headed towards the door of the cafe they met at. "I've always wanted to have a date in the rain. I just hope my jacket doesn't get too messed up." She smiled warmly and his cheeks heated up just a tiny bit as he followed her.

"So, what should we do now? I was gonna take you to get ice cream but it's a little cold now." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, a light hue across his cheeks but she simply giggled and didn't point it out. "We can go see a movie? There's also a tea tasting place near here if you're still cold." She turned around to smile at him. "You pick."

Eventually they chose to just go to the movies and see an action movie since there would be more protection in case the storm got even worse. "I wanted to see this movie for a while! You have great taste Kuroo." (y/n) took a bit of popcorn from the box on his lap as they watched the movie. He smiled down at her and pat her head, causing her to jump a bit and look back at him.

However, i'm that moment, the lights and picture of the movie theater turned off, letting off a dense wave of silence and tension fill the room. "K-Kuroo...?" (y/n) held on tightly to his sleeve as her eyes tried to adjust. "Don't worry i'm right here." He overlapped her hand with his and used the free one to grab his phone, putting on the screen light.

"A-Ah?! What's wrong?? don't cry..." He wipes her tears away and she looked away in embarrassment. "I just... don't like being in total darkness. But i'm not scared of the dark! I'm just scared of what else is there with me..." She mumbled the last bit and sighed in relief as the lights turned back on. "We should probably just go." She stood up, taking his hand and walking out of the cinema.

"Thank you for walking me to the bus stop." She had given him her umbrella to walk home with as the bus pulled up. "I had a lot of fun today even thought it wasn't really that long of a date." He chuckled at his own words and stepped a bit closer to her. "Can I-?" She nodded her head as he leaned down slightly, bringing the umbrella down a bit too, and kissed her gently on the cheek.

"I'll see you later." He waved as he walked away and she nodded her head slowly, still in a daze from how soft his lips were. The bus pulled up soon afterwards and she sat in an individual seat, feeling how fast her heart was beating and how hot her face was.

⊱⊱⊱

She got home about half an hour later and plopped down on her bed. She knew her mom wasn't home so she was thinking about what to snack on when her text message alarm went off on her phone. She smiled brightly and rolled around the bed as Kuroo's name popped up and she opened up the message quickly. Too quickly.

The smile fell from her face and the atmosphere thickened was she read his words.

Kuroo: Alright i went on a date with her so now you have to pay up! And don't ask me to go on more than one, she's not really my type.

"oh..." that was the only thing she could mutter out. She was happy that her feelings hadn't grown too much but to have them stomped out right before they were able to because a proper sprout hurt too. She looked down at the messages and typed something quickly before throwing her phone and curling up on the bed, hugging a pillow tightly. "this is why i hate boys."

(y/n): Don't worry. You won't have to here from me ever again. Thanks for the fake date.

Authors Note:
I was gonna make it longer and then French teacher said "HERES 6 ASSIGNMENTS FOR ONE DAY TEEHEE" but i wanted to put something out and keep my promise so here's my short ass chapter. Wondering whether I should do a kageyama or Hinata one after this book is finished but idk. I'll do better guys 😭 Anyways gotta go! bye bye~