𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼

(y/n) finished counting up the money from the fundraiser and carefully stored it into the funds box that the teachers had put together for the team. She gave it to Takeda- sensei before heading over to where the team was waiting to get on the bus. They were all stuffing their faces with the extra pastries from the fundraiser and she shook her head in amusement at some of the boys faces. Their faces had traces of jelly and icing and crumbs which was super cute but also kind of immature.

She walked over to Shimizu and showed her the amount of funds they had received and chuckled as Shimizu dead panned. "That's exactly how I reacted. They didn't even have enough pastries to be able to raise this much." Suddenly, a cute blonde haired girl appeared and stuck her head out from behind Kiyoko. "Oh, (y/n). This is yachi, she's a first year who I recruited to be a manager after I'm gone. She's still new so please be nice to her." (Y/n) beamed and leaned forward a bit to match Yachi. "It's great to meet you. My name is (y/n), I look forward to working with you." A realization hit and she looked down at the fund papers, looking back at Yachi. "Did you help with the fundraiser to?" Yachi smiled at her and nodded. "I actually made a poster and put it around town so lots of people donated." (Y/n) put a hand to her mouth as she teared up slightly. "You're already the perfect manager...why didn't I think of that?"

Thanks to Yachi, the team was able to raise ¥54,192 which is waayyyy more than she was expecting with her pastries. But who was complaining? "Alright, guys! Everyone get on the bus, we have a little ways to go before we get to Tokyo so feel free to charge up and rest. Also thank (y/n) for setting up this fundraiser so we have more money to work with and get more practice matches." Coach Ukai looked down at (y/n) as he started an applause and everyone followed. "Ahhhh it's ok guys! No need for the clapping, just do us managers a favor and win some matches!" They all screamed out and yeah and everyone slowly started to fill in on the bus. Hinata sat with Kageyama. Tsuki sat with Yamaguchi. Nishinoya, Asahi and Tanaka sat in the individual seats. Sugamama sat next to Daichi and Kiyoko was with Yachi. What did this mean? (Y/n) sat in the seat right behind Koyoko by herself. It wasn't all that bad because that meant there was room for the carry on she had bought but it was still kind of lonely. Luckily for her, within about 30 minutes since they left, everyone except her, the teachers,and Asahi were asleep.

"Takeda-sensei, Coach Ukai, thank you so much for helping the boys out so much. They've grown so far and I'm glad to think that after all of this time, the third years can finally go to nationals." She yawned and smiled happily as the teachers grinned back at her. "Honestly, (y/n)-chan, when it comes to aiding them, you've probably been doing a way better job than us. You should give yourself more credit, we wouldn't have gotten the funds without your idea in the first place." Takeda-sensei nodded at Coach Ukai's words, taking a sharp turn on accident, making (y/n) hit her head on the window a bit." Asahi hopped up and carefully made his way to her, pulling a cold compress to her hair. "Are you ok?!!?" Such a cinnamon roll. She nodded, patting his back in reassure car. "Asahi-senpai please get some sleep before we get there, you know you're starting right?" He nodded his head, getting a blanket he had folded on his lap and throwing it over him.

And with that, (y/n) slowly felt herself drifting off to sleep as well. There was so much to come and so much room to grow. Who knows what would happen. How exciting

⊱⊱⊱

"Everyone get up!" Coach Ukai's voice boomed throughout the bus and everyone immediately perked up. "We're here, you can go great everyone but it's kind of late so don't forget to be in the bed before lights out." They all yelled out a loud 'Hai!' And left the bus, leaving the managers and teachers in the dust. "How can they be so energetic when they just woke up!? Except Tsukishima of course." (Y/n) snickered as she stepped off the bus, immediately greater with the faces of Nekoma already waiting for them. "(Y/n)! Baby~" She rolled her eyes, crossing her arms as a certain dark haired captain walked up to her and Ruffles her hair. "Don't mess it up!" She hissed as he smirked down at her. "So feisty. How have you been?" Kuroo smoothed her hair down as she looked up at him in annoyance. I prefer Kenma. "I'm fine. Honestly I'm just anxious for the tournament but I have faith that my babies can do some interesting things." She huffed this out with a truck load of confidence and immediately regretted it later.

⊱⊱⊱

"Alright! Another lap up the hill!" Daichi yelled as the boys groaned a hai and made their way towards the door. A vein of frustration popped out of the side of
(y/n)'s head as she gathered up some equipment and shot a hard glare towards Kuroo as she heard his obnoxious laugh. They had just played the last game of the first day and let's just say, the scores weren't good at all. They had lost every game so far and it was beyond embarrassing. Still, she noticed they were trying a lot of new things so they were probably just experimenting. At least it wasn't a real tournament. They would be fucked.

The one thing she could say was that it was only the first day and they were going up against some of the strongest teams in Tokyo so it really wasn't that bad. Of course, they played the best against Nekoma since they're familiar with them but it still felt like defeating Nekoma was a whole century away.

"(Y/n)-senpai, do they usually play like this?" Yachi tilted her head in confusion and (y/n) face palmed. "They usually don't but it looks like they're trying new things out so I can't really be mad. BUT I CAN BE MAD AT YOU!" She yelled and she flicked off Kuroo who wiggled his eyebrows at her. "Ass hat" she muttered as she turned back to Yachi and pat her on the head. "Don't worry about them, lets go check on them, yeah?" Yachi smiled at her and started walking outside but (y/n) paused, looking back at the other teams. "They're changing..."

⊱⊱⊱

Everyone was in the hall eating when
(y/n) slipped out to get some fresh air. She stepped outside sighing and burying her face in her hands as she leaned against a rail, staying quiet. "Funny meeting you here." Even though she knew who it was she looked up in anticipation which visibly deflated when she saw Kuroo's face. "Well jeez, glad to see you too. It's been a while..." He muttered as he leaned with his back and elbows pressed against the rail and looked up at the sky.

"What's wrong. I know you aren't particularly happy about being around me but something else must be going on. Even the little shrimp was saying you seemed a bit off since you just walked out of the hall without finishing your food. You can talk to me about it, (y/n)." He didn't look at her when she backed away from the rail and he didn't look at her when she embraced him in a very desperate hug. Simply because as good as it felt for him , he got the feeling that it wasn't really meant for him.

"Who is it?"

Author's Note:
Hello my lovelies! I was really excited to write because throwing in angst, character backgrounds, and love triangles is what I live for. I have the next few chapters planned out so bare with me while I write. Also Chapter 6.5 will be about Kuroo and (y/n) and why they are the way they are. But i think i'm gonna write chapter 7 first... Thank you for the support and leave any feedback or suggestions you would like to. Bye bye~

(it was like that basically)