𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9.5

↱𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎 (𝚢/𝚗) 𝟺𝚝𝚑 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎 (𝚄𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚓𝚒𝚖𝚊)↲

"Wakatoshi, you're like a volleyball star. Whenever I play with you, I feel like i'm automatically good!"

The 4th grader smiled gently at her as she received to herself while walking around. The hill they were on was their secret hideout and they could see the whole town. Below them was a blanket of grass that burst with a healthy green and small flowers grew from them.

"It's because you've been practicing so much. I'm glad you like volleyball, you should keep playing."

The girl smiled at him, setting the ball his way as he started to self receive himself. The two had been out here for about an hour when a large rain cloud started to slowly make its way over to them.

"We should probably start to head back soon. I think it's gonna rain really bad."

(y/n) shook her head as the ball was returned to her and she kept up with it, catching it after a bit.

"There's nothing wrong with a little bit of rain! It's just water right?"

A strange feeling was beginning to build in Ushijima's mind but he let it slip by. She was probably right, they could head back once it started to rain a little harder.

He walked over to her, patting her hair gently and giving her a soft hug.

"What's this about? You big dummy, you're so random."

(y/n) chuckled innocently as she hugged him back and his cheeks heated up slightly. She buried her face in the crook of his neck and jumped slightly as a loud roar of thunder came down on the moment.

"Are you still ok staying out here? We can go back inside." She shook her head at his question and looked up, blinking as light raindrops started to come down,

"Let's play some volleyball!"

She pulled away as Ushijima frowned but picked the ball up off the floor that had dropped earlier.

"Be careful, ok? I don't want the ball to fall over the hill." He gave her a stern look and she pouted but nodded in agreement.

Ushijima grinned as he tossed the ball to her and she received it back, making him set the ball to her and her hit it as the cycle repeated.

"Are you going to keep doing volleyball in Middle school?"

(y/n) asked as she set the ball, getting down to dig it up.

"Yeah. I want to anyway. My dad said I should go to Shiratorizawa so I'll go there."

She sighed in annoyance at the statement and received the ball back to Ushijima.

"Awl! That's too bad. I'm going to kitagawa first apparently. They aren't too far though right? Maybe I can join their girls team. Iwa-chan is going there too."

Wakatoshi set the ball to her as he frowned over the mention of Iwaizumi. But why did he feel this way? This mind wasn't mature enough to fully process what was going on.