𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

↱𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢↲

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" I slammed the doors to the gym open and painted heavily as everyone stopped and looked at me. "Why are you all looking at me like that...?" 🥺👉🏽👈🏽 I got a cold sweat as I saw Hinata tense up and Kageyama narrow his eyes but... it seemed to be aimed at something behind me and I froze up.

"So...I guess I didn't have to ask around to find you." My eyes widened and I squealed as I jumped forward and turned around, peering up at the tall figure behind me. "U-Ushijima-kun!" Oh no... I could feel it coming on. My stomach slowly started to become lively and I tried to ignore the strength draining from my legs.

"What do you want with our manager?" I turned around and saw Nishinoya starting to walk towards us with a terrifying look on his face. "I was simply returning something to her." I turned back to him confused and gasped as he took the copy of Volleyball Monthly out of his bag and handed it to me. I hesitated for a second and took it out of his hands, totally forgetting about how I'd been too tired last night to even think about it.

"Thank...you." I bowed slightly and he nodded his head before turning to walk out. Before he left he turned around and looked at both Hinata and Kageyama. "I guess I'd better look forward to seeing you in the finals. That is IF you can beat Oikawa." They glared daggers at him as he walked away and the whole team started to get fired up.

"(y/n)-saannnnnn!" I whimpered as the whole team started to walk towards me and corner me. I put my hands up in defense. "I promise i wasn't fraternizing with the enemy!" I turned my head and closed my eyes as they all started to laugh.

"What? Of course you aren't. We were just surprised that he came here. But isn't this exciting, THE Ushijima Wakatoshi said he looks forward to seeing us at the finals!" Hinata jumped up and down and I sighed in relief. Nishinoya wasn't convinced yet but he shrugged and back to practicing with Asahi. Looking down at the magazine I flipped through it and paused as I landed on his page. I don't think anyone saw it but in the corner of the page he had written

𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚕𝚞𝚌𝚔.

⊱⊱⊱

After practice was over you met with Coach Ukai and Sensei to talk for a bit. "You see... the guys have been working really hard so I was wondering if me and Kiyoko can do a little fundraiser to raise money for the team through this cafe I know about. We could sell their sweets around school and once we hit our goal, they'll give us free cake and things for the team."

I thought about the idea when I recalled a conversation I had with Mrs. Saito a whole back.

"If you and your team ever wanted to do a fundraiser, I would be happy to help you guys out! Business isn't that great nowadays so maybe this can raise awareness!"

That was a while ago but i'm sure she wouldn't mind either way. They both turned to look at each other and then gave a big thumbs up. " But... while Shimizu is busy looking for another manager, do you think you can handle it by yourself." I nodded fiercely. "You see I actually have a connection with the owner so this will be a piece of cake."

⊱⊱⊱

After saying goodbye to the team and telling Kageyama and Hinata to not over work themself, I headed down the road to go see miss Saito and ask her about the fundraiser. Her bakery items were honestly the best and there was no doubt that everyone on campus would be flooding the team to get some things.

When I finally reached the store, I swung the door open and yelled a big "Good evening!" hoping that there were no customers in the store. But there were.

"(y/n)-chan! You frightened me. How are you today." I smiled widely as my cheeks flushed in embarrassment and I walked around to the counter. Not realizing who was standing next to me when I got up there I leaned on the counter and looked at Saito-san firmly. "Can I still do that fundraiser for the team? I wanted to raise some money before we go to the tournament to beat Seijoh and Shiratorizawa-"

"If you think you can actually beat us, you have another thing coming." I snapped my head to the side and my eyes widened as I saw the smiling face of Iwaizumi. "I-Iwa-chan." My eyes started to water as I jumped at him and patched my arms around his neck. "What are you doing here?" I pulled away and peered over his shoulders, losing my glow when I saw who was with him.

"Oikawa." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. His mouth dropped open and he put a hand to his chest to fake a wound. "Jeez! When did you get so cold towards me? Why does Iwa-chan always get all the love." I tried to keep my face straight but chuckled lightly and walked up to him, patting him on the back. "There we go." He smiled at me lovingly and my cheeks flushed as I ignored it.

In case anything is confusing, me and Iwaizumi have been friends since we came out of the womb. We used to do everything together until we went to separate high schools. Oikawa came into the mix a little bit later but the three of them were basically inseparable. However, in our second year of junior high, Oikawa confessed to me but I had never thought about him that way. Suddenly we slowly started to grow apart while Iwaizumi held us together, but he was really over protective. We moved to different high schools and now we don't really see each other but the bond remains.

"(y/n)-chan, you're gonna do a fundraiser for Karasuno?" Iwaizumi asked as he glared at Oikawa and moved me away from him a bit. "Yup! the boys are always working so I wanted to give them a treat and the money is for emergencies." Iwaizumi nodded in agreement, about raising money for emergencies. Iwaizumi was the most responsible person you could ever meet. Oikawa pouted slightly and crossed his arms. "I still don't think you guys will be able to beat us. And only me and Iwa-chan can beat Ushijima. but good luck!" My face flushed even more and I turned away from the two to make sure they couldn't see. Behind me, they looked at each other with raised eyebrows and smirked mischievous.

"Oh! Ushijima-kun! What a surprise, we were just talking about you!" Oikawa said in an obnoxious voice and Iwa-chan followed. "Especially (y/n)-chan, she was going on and on about you." I squealed and covered their mouths quickly. "Guys don't tease me like that! You know i'm sensitive." I whined and crossed my arms, looking away from them.

"Is that so?" All three of us froze and my face drained of almost all the color my poor self had. I couldn't move and my stomach seemed to have gotten worse by this time.

Authors Note:
Hello my lovelies!! skskskskks this is hard to write when you know it's a baby book and your future books have more potentialllllllllll. Also, starting at chapter 4 i'm gonna do third person because keeping it 1st person is kinda hard. Alright! Bye bye~