𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺

"U-ushiwaka?!? What are you doing here??" Oikawa scowled at him and glared as Ushijima looked at him with his same stern face. "You were the one talking about me as if i was here. Did you not want an answer?" Iwaizumi snickered and Oikawa glared at Ushijima.

"(y/n) was it?" She covered her face with her hands and nodded slowly, trying not to get too nauseous from this feeling and hoping it would die down. "What were you saying about me?" The fact that he had such an emotionless face and was genuinely asking the question made (y/n) slowly turn towards him and look up at him. He was way closer than his voice seemed to be. "I wasn't ACTUALLY talking about you, they were just trying to tease me." His mouth made an 'o' shape like he finally understood and he took a step back.

"Um- I'm (y/n) (l/n) from the concrete." she chuckled as Oikawa and Iwa looked at each other confused but Ushijima knew exactly what she meant. His lips curved upward a tiny bit but it was extremely hard to tell. "I'm Ushijima Wakatoshi." He held his hand out and she shook it, ignoring the feeling of her about to throw up. "What brings you to Miss Saito's store? I've never seen this far before."

He acted like he was thinking for a minute and then pointed to something. "I wanted Hayashi rice." Her heart fluttered at how cute that was. "(y/n) me and shittykawa will be leaving now, we have to go rest up for practice." Iwaizumi grabbed Oikawa by the shoulders. "What?? I'm not leaving her with this bastard Ushiwaka. He's gonna take her from me!" "She isn't yours anyway." They both walked out and Oikawa blew a kiss to (y/n) which she dodged and kicked to the floor.

Silence filled the shop except for the sound of customers browsing and (y/n) looked up at Ushijima. "Are you gonna get your rice anytime soon?" It was a bit late and she figured he didn't live as close as she did. His eyes widened slightly and he turned to the counter, asking for 2 orders before sitting on a bench and waiting for it. "Those two boys from your team are really something. So confident." (y/n) held her head high in pride, her babies were getting prai- "I hate people like that."

"huh-" She looked down at him and blinked, a bit pissed off. "You hate confidence?" He shook his head. "I hate confidence with nothing to back it up." He looked back up at her with not even a slight change in expression. "We are going to Nationals." Her shoulders raised slightly as she inhaled deeply. "Only one team can go to Nationals Ushijima." She looked at him with a serious expression.

He stood up to get his order and turned back to her. "I'm guessing you saw my message. In the magazine." She looked down at her bag and nodded. "Thank you but...why?" He turned his back to her. "You guys are interesting." He walked out of the store and left (y/n) there dumbfounded. Was that a compliment or was he simply saying that? She shook her head and walked back over to Miss Saito.

"I'm so sorry I got caught up with them!" She bowed deeply and Miss Saito waved her hand in dismissal. "I haven't seen you talk to those two in so long, it was refreshing." Her smile was bright and in her hand she had a list of the goods that she could have ready for (y/n) to pick up the next morning for the fundraiser.

"Don't worry, you don't have to pay us anything. Just take these business cards with you and please hand them out whenever someone orders." (y/n) Took a box of the cards and bowed to Miss Saito one more time. "I'll be here around 7 tomorrow. Please call my mom if you need some more time. Thank you so much!" She waved as she walked out of the shop.

"Took you long enough." She yelled as a voice caught her off guard and she tilted her head in surprise. "Noya-kun?"

⊱⊱⊱

"And that's the story. You really think I would betray you guys like that. I'm hurt." Nishinoya leaned back on the bench that they were sitting on under a light in the park. "I was just worried about you. Ushijima doesn't seem like someone you should get involved with." (y/n) sighed. Nishinoya was right. She couldn't help it. She was drawn to him. She shrugged her shoulders, bringing her knees to her chest and resting her face on them. She turned her head so her ear was on her knee as she looked at Nishinoya. "I was wondering why you were the only one really upset when he returned my magazine to me."

He laughed nervously and ran a hand through his hair, throwing it off course a bit. "Well of course! You're one of our managers. Of course I care about you and Kiyoko more than anything." She smiled warmly at his declaration. "Nishinoya it's 8pm, we both need to be getting home." He sprung up when he checked the time on his phone and nodded fiercely. "I'll see you in class tomorrow!" he yelled as he bolted away. "Kids the lot of them."

(y/n) put her earbuds in one side of her ear and walked out of the park, admiring the dark but noisy scenery around her as she walked down the street. Thoughts of the day were swirling around in her head. They were about everything. She was thinking about him, about Oikawa, about Nishinoya. She slapped both of her cheeks hard as she could to try and gain her train of thought. Tomorrow she had to get up early and pick up the goods, so there was no time to waste thinking about anything other than volleyball. She shook her head and started the rest of the way home.

Authors Note:
I don't have much to say except I might keep a schedule going and update every Wednesday and Saturday but we'll see! Hope you enjoyed, bye bye~