𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻

I'd been a while since (y/n) had felt this. It wasn't a bad feeling but it was something a little bit painful. A good kind of pain. The memories of all the games, practices, tournaments, and struggles the team went through we swirling in her head. The dam in her eyes struggling not to crumble as Hinata spiked the ball over the net, right to an empty spot on the court.

There was no way Shiratorizawa could save that ball. They didn't.

The dam broke.

beep! BEEEEEEPPPPPP!

"D-did we-?" The gym stayed silent for a second as the shock settled in and (y/n) stared at the score board as if it were all a lie and she could wake up any minute. It wasn't a lie. They won.

"ALRIIIGGGHHHTTT!!!" The team burst into a frenzy and the stands went wild as the outcome finally sunk in.

(Plz watch Sound! Euphonium if you haven't already it ssoooo good 😤)

"We won! Did we really win?!?" The tears flowed out of (y/n)'s eyes before she even felt it and she wiped them off, only allowing new ones to take their place.

The players outside the court ran to those who had just finished the play, tackling them and joking. The third years were getting together as the 1st years did a small cheer and the rest of the team was dancing happily.

She almost couldn't believe it. She probably would have kept thinking it was dream if she didn't look at the other side of the net. Her chest tightened slightly at the expressions of the opposed team. Goshiki wasn't even hiding his tears as the others struggled to keep theirs in, but they flowed out anyways.

Eventually her gaze landed on Ushiwaka and she couldn't explain the look on his face. It seemed like a jumble of shock, disappointment, sadness, guilt, and other emotions she couldn't quite explain.

"(y/n)! You can start to pack things up now if you'd like. We have the awards ceremony after this." She nodded her head at Takeda sensei's statement, grabbing the bag she had carrying all of her stuff and putting the water bottles in their respected holders.

She looked over at them again, their coach wasn't being that hard on them so she guessed it was ok. That was until Ushijima looked her way, causing her to freeze. His expression wasn't sad anymore, but it also wasn't happy.

𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑜𝑛

She inhaled deeply at the words he mouthed, not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

'I guess I did win, huh." She turned away as he turned back to the center of his group and she went to put their stuff on the bus before coming back to the gym.