𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹.𝟻

↱𝟺𝚝𝚑 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎↲

(y/n) clung onto Iwaizumi as a new, taller boy stood in front of the two. His hair was the perfect shade of brown and his eyes sparkled as he gazed at the two. "Hello! My name is Oikawa Tooru. I just moved here today, let's be friends!" He smiled wide and Iwaizumi shook his hand but
(y/n) still clung to her childhood friend, not knowing what to make of all this.

"(y/n), introduce yourself." Iwaizumi nodded his head in Oikawa's direction and (y/n) peered at the boy as he seemed to lean forward with anticipation. She stepped out slowly and twirled her foot in the first, looking down. "My-my name is (y/n)(l/n) but you can call me (y/n)-chan if you want..." She inches closer and stuck her hand out for a shake but Oikawa grinned widely and pulled her into a hug. "This means the three of us are friends now right???" They all smiles at each other and nodded. "I look forward to it."

⊱⊱⊱

↱𝟸𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚛 𝙷𝚒𝚐𝚑↲

"(y/n)! Give me back my bento box!" Oikawa flushed as the slightly taller girl dodged his attempts to grabbed the wrapped box and she giggled. "You promised to share some onigiri with me though and you eat so much I know you're gonna change your mind!" Oikawa reaches across the desk she was currently at and finally grabbed the box, holding onto it tightly.

"I don't eat a lot." He mumbled as he opened it and gave her one of the 4 onigiri his mom had made him that morning. She hugged his tightly and sat next to him, eating it slowly to savor the flavor. (ayeee a poet!) Oikawa smiled and rolled his eyes. He already knew that his mom made the best onigiri so he wasn't surprised by the reaction. But looking at (y/n) made his heart flutter. Ever since the end of 5th grade, he'd been trying to figure out why he looks forward to spending time with her more than Iwaizumi who was currently in the cafeteria to get lunch.

He leaned on the desk and looked at (y/n) with interested eyes, not realizing what he was doing for a second. As she took her last bite, she looked at him a bit embarrassed. "Is there something on my face?" She asked tilting her head to the side and his face heated up as he jumped away. "NO-! i mean no, you're all good. I was just say dreaming." He stood up the chair and attempted to walk away but
(y/n) grabbed onto the edge of his shirt and gave him a concerned look.

The few students that had been in the classroom when they were horsing around had left, so now it was just them. Tooru's heart was beating a little more than usually and he looked down, darkness clouding over his eyes.

"Tooru are y-" her eyes widened as 2 hands were placed on either of her shoulders and a pair of lips was gently placed on hers. Her eyes widened and she froze as the kiss lasted about 2 seconds until Tooru pulled away. He looked down at her, red dusted on his cheeks as she looked up at him, terrified. "What-" She couldn't get the words out. She stood up and slowly touched her lips trying to process what just happened.

"I like you, (y/n)-chan." Her eyes started to water. She wasn't upset but it was so much to take in and she's never even once thought of a boy that way before. "I've liked you for a while now and I just wanted to let you know." How should she react. Should she be mad that her best friend stole her first kiss? Should she be happy that it's her best friend that likes her even though she doesn't like him back?

She couldn't think straight at all. "Oikawa, i have to....go-" She ignored him called her name and ran out of the classroom, coming face to face with Iwaizumi as she opened the door but ran out anyway.

"Shittykawa. What the hell did you do to my sister?"

⊱⊱⊱

After that, things between Oikawa and
(y/n) were just awkward. She apologized for running away and told him she was just overwhelmed and he apologized for kissing her without her permission. That was it. They didn't really hang out after that until the year ended and they went to a party with Iwaizumi. A formal party.

"Hey (y/n)" She spun around to look at Oikawa and his words got caught in his throat. She looked gorgeous. She had on a long dress with some simple flats, her hair in a neatly done updo and she had light blush on as well as a small amount of mascara because it's such a PAIN to take off. Oikawa himself had on a dark turquoise suit and his hair had been slicked back with a light amount of gel.

"Wow." They said in unison and blushed. He could only imagine what she would look like in high school. "Don't look at me like that, it's embarrassing." She laughed playfully and pulled him into a tight hug.

"I missed you."

(Iwa-chan smiles in the corner and fist pumped to himself mischievously)

Authors Note:
This was actually really hard to write because I didn't wanna make it too long and from now on i'll be backing a few of these kinds of chapters