𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸

The ride back to the school was surprisingly quiet as soft snores were heard throughout the bus and no one was striking up a conversation.

The sun had mostly set by now and the temperature outside was becoming more leveled and cool. This was nice.

Still, no one was completely happy yet. Everyone was still on edge with anticipation about what the next day held but they couldn't let that overshadow their joy of victory.

(y/n) leaned her head against the window, jolting slightly with the bus, as she remembered the conversation she had with Oikawa not even 30 minutes ago.

⊱⊱⊱

"Oikawa, wait-!" (y/n) huffed as the tall boy turned around smiling at her cute attempt to catch up to him.

"How are you my princess? Seems you...weren't lying when you said you'd win." His smile faltered a bit but the sight of her wouldn't let it fall completely.

"I never lie, Tooru. That's even more of a reason why I had to come see you." He turned towards her fully now, shooing off the 1st year that had been previously helping him pack their bus and he stepped closer to her.

"Hmmm?" She looked up at him, taking a deep breath and slapping both of her palms over his cheeks with a loud snap.

His eyes widened in surprise and he couldn't even think of the pain before she started talking.

"I already know how you're feeling. I'm here to tell you to stop. You played one of your best games out there today and you're the perfect team captain for Seijoh. The team won't ever by the same without you."

He nodded slightly, biting his lip and looking away at the sound of the obvious words. Here wasn't the place for crying, unfortunately.

"You're not useless, Oikawa. You HAVE progressed and you ARE getting stronger still so please... Don't think about the fact that Tobio got ahead of you just this once! You're still the best setter in the prefecture, y'know... And he had a great teacher..."

He chuckled then, grabbing her hands and gently bringing them off of his face while a smirk coated it.

"My little princess, here to give me my own pep talk. I know, everything you're saying is obvious. My career is just getting started. When I start playing professionally, you better make a poster and come to the games. I'll fly you out if I have to, (y/n). You know I will. Also-"

He bent down slightly, placing a small peck on her forehead making her heat up but also spreading a dose of sadness in her system.

"Thank you."

⊱⊱⊱

"I bet he's still gonna go to Iwa-chan's house tonight and cry himself to sleep." She sighed to her herself, shaking her head and sitting up as the bus came to a halt.

"Alright everyone! Get your asses up and out of the bus! We have a meeting in a few and you better make it in time!" Coach Ukai stepped out after his big announcement and the team stretched as they got up from their own seats.

(y/n) Shook Kageyama and Hinata awake behind her, giggling at the dropped from Hinata on Kageyama's jacket and the black haired boy uncontrollably gripping onto a part of Hinata's jacket. A habit he picked up in middle school.