𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾

"(y/n) it's been a whole day of practice, when are you coming out?" Hinata knocked on the door lightly with Kageyama at his side as they shined. it was the last day and they had finally gotten their crazy quick attack down so they wanted to show her, although at this point it seemed more like a fluke.

"If i come out then I might cause trouble for you again so I'm staying until we load the bus!" She called back and continued writing down a chart for the team of some opponents they can hope to face in the tournament and different things about them. At least she could stay a little bit more useful.

"Well come and see us when you have the chance, ok??" Kageyama nodded his head in agreement even though she couldn't see them and they bickered a little as they walked away from her door. She sat up under the covers, sighing in relief but jumped when her phone suddenly rang.

"(y/n)-chaannnnn~ How are you doing my sweetness?" She cringed at the setters' voice and pretended to gag. "I'm hanging up, Oikawa-" "Ahhhh wait! i need a quick favor?" She put the phone on speaker and looked at it in confusion. "What kind of favor, probably something stupid." He whined. "You and Iwa-chan are just alike , so mean!" he cleared his throat and leaned into the phone.

"You see that bastard Ushiwaka is a sore loser and I kept beating him in message games so can you pleeaasseee let me give you his number and tell him to unblock me?" (y/n)'s eyes lit up as she quickly grabbed the phone and got ready to type in the number. "And the number is?!?" Oikawa told her the number, promised her to do the favor and hung up.

"My day just got so much better!" (y/n) quickly got dressed in something nice but comfortable and went to the mirror to do her hair, making sure everything was ready before walking towards the gym would be.

"Alright guys! this is our last game! We've been getting our asses handed to us this whole time so let's just go our strong and show Fukurodani who's boss!" Everyone cheered and got into position as (y/n) can sprinting into the gym, quickly standing next to the coaches. "Are you feeling better?" Takeda handed her a bottle of water as she nodded and smiled up at him. "I actually feel great."

The game was actually getting good so far and everyone seems to be doing amazing compared to the first game they had at the camp. It almost brought a tear to her eye but she was left completely shocked as Hinata and Kageyama finally executed their new crazy quick. "WOAAHHHHH!" They seemed the most surprised out of everyone and she laughed as Hinata complimented Kageyama, causing the taller boy to have a brain blowout.

"I'm so proud of you guys!" She yelled towards them as they all looked at her. They hadn't noticed she came into the gym but her maternal pride shown too bright for her to get embarrassed. After that they tried it again and failed but the mood was already set.

Right after the teams were done shaking hands, (y/n) whipped out her phone to finally text Ushijima.

This must be a dream. The gods must be testing her now because there's no way he just asked her to hang out. Oh but...he could just be trying to get info- oh what the hell. WHO CARES.

"What're you smiling so big for?" Noya walked up to her and she tensed up for a bit. They hadn't talked since he stormed out of dinner and she was a bit confused at the gesture. "Oikawa is ass at imessage games and he keeps complaining about it. How...are you feeling? Are you still upset?" She fidgeted with her fingers a bit and he bowed towards her. "I'm sorry for acting that way! I was just having a bad day, don't mind it." She waved her hands around trying to get him up from embarrassment and he rose up with a wide smile. "I'm always here for you!"

⊱⊱⊱

As everyone finishes to load onto the bus, Kuroo runs over and grabs (y/n)'s hans before she steps onto the bus. "I'm sorry. I really don't want you to leave mad at me. I didn't mean to put you in that situation." She looked down at him with a warm expression on her face and pulled him into a tight hug. "I'll see you again at nationals. Tell Bokuto he's forgiven also."

The dark haired male smiled, walking away from the bus and throwing up a waving hand as he walked back towards the building. This whole camp had overall been a success.

⊱⊱⊱

"Welcome home, (y/n)." An elegant and gentle voice called out from the living room as (y/n) shit the door behind her and took off her shoes. "Mom..? You're actually here today, did something happen? Are you ok?" She ran into the area, seeing her mother's furrowed eyebrows as she sighed a bit. "I think it's a shame that my daughter automatically thinks that something is wrong if i'm not at work."

(y/n) fidgeted with her fingers in slight guilt and sat in a smaller chair next to her. "Sorry, I just haven't seen you in so long that I don't really know what to say. You're always on business trips hand I feel li-"

"I'm really proud of you." (Y/n)'s eyes widened in surprise. "I'm... I wanted to apologize for being so busy but ever since your father left i just... I wanted to be able to give you the best life." She stood up and pulled (y/n) into a warm hug. "Everything is falling into place now. Keep being a good team manager for now while I make sure that your life after high school is successful. I love you."

Such strong words at such a strange time. Of course her mom loved her, she was just overly strict and overprotective. "I love you more." Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing.

Authors Note!

I made like 4 book covers over the weekend and after I finish this book i'm gonna G R I N D. Also I changed the cover cuz the one I made seems prettier :). Hope you enjoy the rest, bye bye~