Intro

JACOBI

I stood in the mirror and tried to find the old me.... but he wasn't there, don't get me wrong I was still 'me' but I could feel the change that had taken place over the last eight months. I glanced back at my bed and August shifted in his sleep, it's crazy that's literally the only person I've been within almost a full year; this time last year I was in a relationship with a nigga who was cheating on me, granted I was cheating on him too but still. I looked around my bedroom and it still felt strange having my own place.... I was eighteen years old and had a house that rivaled my parents and the craziest thing is I earned it. Again I go back to last year and the idea of working a full-time job made my skin crawl, but when my dad told me where his money came from I told him I wanted in and I was willing to do the work.... It was nothing like I expected and it still seemed surreal to me, all of it was just.... it was a lot to take in. I look down at the black rose tatted on my arm and despite everything I smiled; I earned this shyt and now I saw the bigger picture.

"I should've known your ass wouldn't be able to sleep.... but you should really come back to bed, they probably won't be here until tomorrow so you got some time." August said sitting up and at first I didn't know what the fuck he was talking about and then it hit me. "Relax... I can see the look of panic on your face but Tripp and Torique said they'd pick them up, then again you were so drunk last night I don't blame you if you forgot." August said smiling.

"Yeah you're right... I did forget and I blame you for it." I said walking over to my bed and jumping on top of him. "Aight nigga you got two options. You can go back to sleep or we can fuck until it's time for you to go to work. So which is it?" I asked kissing him.

"I really hate that I have to work through Spring Break." August said shaking his head. "And as badly as I wanna fuck the shyt outta you right now, I'm fuckin tired.... so let me get a few more minutes of sleep and we can fuck in the shower." He said but I smacked him with the pillow.

"Fuck you too then bitch ass dude.... I gotta make a couple runs today anyways so I might as well get started." I said trying to get out of bed but August pulled me back, rolled on top of me and pinned me down. "Nah you made it clear you wanted a few more minutes of sleep." I said moving my head so he couldn't kiss me.

"Ain't nobody trying to fuck your ugly ass Jacobi.... but I do gotta ask, what are they like?" He asked and I already knew who he was talking about.

"They seem coo... they're both straight so I don't have to worry about them niggas trying to come on to you but we've been talking over the last few months and they seem laid back. I know Quran felt outta place down here last summer and I wanna make him as comfortable as possible this time around." I said looking at August.

"Look who's finally growing up." August said laughing and I couldn't help but smile, as we laid there looking into each other's eyes... something changed and it went from playful to serious in the span of five heartbeats. "Take'em off." August commanded and I moved to take off my briefs when the doorbell rang.

"It's like five o'clock in the morning who in the fuck....." I said grabbing my phone and seeing who was at the front door. I jumped up and August almost fell off the bed, but I was shocked to see who was standing there because I hadn't seen that nigga Nazeer since last summer when he just disappeared and now here he was on my doorstep and I had a lot of questions.

DE'VAUGH