~Forty One~

~Uthman~

'No'

I stared at her incredulously. No? What does that mean? What does she mean by that? And she wasn't even smiling. What the fuck?

'What do you mean by no?'

She shrugged.

'Exactly what no means.'

We were standing so close that it was basically impossible for me to move my hand without touching her and No? What's no?

'Why?

She shrugged again.

'No particular reason'

I said nothing for a while and we just stood there staring when she burst into laughter. She moved back, laughing hard.

'God. I should have made a video. You need to see your expression just now. It was epic.'

She said in between laughter. I stared at her. That was a joke?

'Wait, Jade. Was that a joke?'

She said nothing, still laughing. Oh, really?

'It wasn't a joke oo. I'm still maintaining my no.'

I stared at her.

'You'd have to ask me to be your girlfriend the proper way.'

I kept staring at her. Proper way?

'And what's the proper way?'

She shrugged again and started to towards the door. I followed her. She opened the door and nearly stumbled into the principal.

Wow. If he had came just five minutes earlier, my dad would probably be on the way to school by now.

The principal appeared shocked to see us. He peered over Jade's shoulders to see if anyone was still in the conference room.

'Why are you guys still here?'

'We were talking about the project. About the speech we'd have to give on that day.'

Jade replied immediately and I pinched myself to keep from laughing. What?

'Oh Good. I'm very sure you guys would give your absolute best on that day. Now, go back to your class.'

He actually believed her. Of course he was going to believe her. Nobody would think Jade could lie, at least not a lie like this. Always a sweet and innocent girl. If only they knew, I smiled.

'Why are you smiling?'

She asked when we got outside. I shrugged.

'You're such a good liar.'

I gave her a thumbs up and she glared at me.

'The more I spent time with you, the more I do things I wouldn't have done on a normal day. You're a bad influence, Mister Uthman Gbadamosi.'

I burst into laughter at her words and serious tone.

'But you love it. Hmm? Saturday, park, swing, lips and......'

She punched me. If that could count as a punch thought. Small and very flexible fists.

'You're impossible, Uthman.'

She said and started to walk away.

'And you like the impossible guy, Miss Jadeshola Badmus.'

She shook her head and gave me the middle finger without turning back.