In bitter taste

<This was made for an AU made by gridoc in tumblr, and it's basically that you can taste what your soulmates tasting. An angsty idea came up and I saw the opportunity and made this! So I hope you all enjoy it! I still can't believe I actually uploaded something to  my Cobra account after so long, but it was a nice one time thing>

Season 7 had been off to an amazing start. Sure there had been a lot of conflicting flavors since it was the start of a season and all that, but Doc and Grian had managed to work it out for a while at least. They had also worked out a schedule for when the other would visit, every other day they would visit each other's bases at 2 PM sharp. Today Grian would be coming to Doc's.

Thing is, he never showed up.

At first Doc was really sad, because why didn't Grian at least even send him a message he couldn't make it? But then he tastes something metallic in his mouth, and his mind gives him two options. One, iron, or two, blood.

And the longer he tasted it the more obvious it became, this wasn't iron.

He quickly rushed to his chests and took every health potion and good tasting thing he had whilst speed messaging for everyone to find Grian because he was hurt bad enough to be coughing up blood god damn it!

As he was drinking a regen potion the taste of leaves entered his mouth, so he quickly shot off a text to tell them to look in trees too. Impulse soon arrived with shulkers full of potions. "If you're still needing to drink them now I don't think you'll be stopping until Grian is safely home."

The cyborg nodded and gladly accepted the potions. After a few minutes he started to drink faster because the taste of blood was suddenly flowing faster.

Impulse, who was still with him, cursed and ordered Doc to continue to drink and to not stop. Since his mouth wasn't available he just looked at the other brunette questioningly.

"Grian he, uh, we found him." He continued before the happy face Doc was starting to have grew too big. "But he's not in a good position. He was impaled on a tree, right through the stomach. The only thing keeping him alive at the moment is you."

If drinking potions was a religion then Doc would be the God with how he was drinking them. Which, in a way, it was.

He didn't stop until Impulse said Grian was in the clear, and even then he drank a few more.

He knew the taste of blood and potions probably wasn't the nicest, so he drank a glass of water before taking out a pumpkin pie and eating it.

"It's one of his favorites; why do you think he stole them from Iskall?"

They then made their way to Zedaph's base, since that's the place that was decided to be both the closest and the safest place to patch him up at. As soon as Grian was in his line of sight Doc bolted for him. "You fucking idot, what were you thinking?"

"You." Rasped Grian, clinging to the creeper tightly. "And getting you your gift on time."

"A gift?" Asked Doc, gently pulling a lock of Grian's back in place properly.

"Yeah, it's gone now though. Lost in that ravine." Whispered Grian sadly, pulling his hand up to rest it on Doc's arm.

"Well you're still here." Said Doc, hugging his boyfriend closer. "That's enough of a gift for me."

"Love you too Doc."

And you can bet every diamond in the shopping district that he didn't let Grian out of his sight for a long time, or anywhere near high trees that had big branches sticking out for that matter. And yes, he did check every tree they came by. 

<Don't know what to add here, so stay safe and have a wonderful time everyone!>