Mama Bird

Ever since the start of season 7 everyone assumed that Grian killed every parrot he found. Which would explain both his army of parrot heads, and the lack of parrots. The last was more of a complaint from Mumbo. They still don't know how he got it on the paper yet, not even Mumbo himself. No seriously-who wrote it down? Like, no ones mad, but you need to tell because everyone is freaking out a bit about it.

Hem-hem, moving on. It was a common assumption to think Grian was a bird butcher. But who's to say they were right? What real proof do they have that Grian killed the parrots? (because he 100% is the reason there's no parrots, he's even admitted to it multiple times)

The Hermits figured out they were wrong one day when team ZIT decided to play hide and seek in the main Hermit jungle, I wouldn't question it, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Ok so Tango was the one counting and the other two were hiding, they also asked if they could enter peoples bases (which they could, but only Grian, Stress and Scar's) to allow them more hiding space.

And that's why Zedaph was now running around Grian's base looking for a good hiding place. He stayed behind the furnace aray for a while, but got bored and went looking for a new place. He tried nearly every little nook and cranny, but ended up empty handed. Just as he was about to leave he spotted a button. "Okay. This will either be a door or a trap." Hummed Zedaph, fingers circling the small wooden object. It took him all of four seconds before his finger was on the button and pressing down. For a few seconds nothing happened, but just as the blond was about to leave he heard pistons activating. And with just a few quick seconds the wall was pushed open, which let a small corridor leading into someplace big become visible.

Without thinking Zedpah walked in, and it wasn't until the door slammed shut behind him did he think that something might happen. Eh, I'm already here, though Zedpah, might as well go the rest of the way. So with a skip in his steps he made his way down the corridor leading to the bright, big, open space.

Once he made his way to the edge of the corridor a few things became apparent. 1) There was some music playing, mall maybe? 2) There was a miniature jungle in the big space. And 3) There were like a hundred parrots dancing around or just hanging out.

"So this is where all of them are!" Exclaimed Zedaph, pointing out into the space with a "aha! Gotcha!" pose. This startled the birds and made them all flutter around, small semi-distressed chirps filling the area. "Oh no! I didn't mean to scare you all! Oh gosh, sorry!"

"Zedaph?" Asked a light voice from behind the blond, which made said light-head whirl around. Which meant he came face to face, well more like face to chest, with Grian. The dirty blond looked up at him with narrowed eyes. "What are you doing here? And how did you even find it?"

Zedaph spluttered a bit before answering the questions. "Well you see I was playing hide and seek, and you allowed us to hide in your base! So I went here and looked for a good place to hide, but I couldn't find a good spot so I looked around. I then saw the button, pressed it, this opened up, and then I walked down the corridor and that's how I'm here!"

Grian sighed with a shake of his head. "Yeah sounds like something you'd do." He then grabbed Zeaph's hand and started leading him down to the cave forest floor (you know what I mean). "Come one. Whilst you're here you might as well enjoy yourself."

And so the cave dwelling blond was led to an outdoor seating area that was hidden by some trees. It was nice and cosy with flowers and plants decorating the area, and there were even some parrots lounging about. Grian motion for him to sit down before disappearing, he was only gone for about a second before he came back with a decently made strawberry tart. The silverware was already set up so they could just sit down then and there and eat.

Grian had just cut a slice for himself when he spoke up again. "So. You've found my jungle cave."

"I have." Agreed Zedpah, looking around the room once more. "I got to say, nice place you have down here!"

"Thank you." Smiled the dirty blond, petting one of the parrots sitting around the table. The avian, which was a light gray cockatoo, preened under the attention it was getting. One of the cyan macaws saw this and got a bit jealous, and seeing the other empty hands (Zedaph's) it made it's way over to them and rubbed up against them to get petted too.

The blond instinctively did so, but looked at Grian a bit baffled. "Uh, what do I do now?"

"You pat her of course!" Laughed Grian, setting the cockatoo down on the table but still patting it's head. He then took a bit of his tart and ate it. "It won't be hard for someone who jumps to get his food, now will it?"

Zedaph pouted at the playful jab, but copied what Grian had done and carefully moved the macaw from his arms so he also could take a bite of the tart. He hummed in delight as he ate it, swallowing before saying, "This is delicious! I didn't know you baked?"

Grian rubbed at the back of his neck. Oh I don't usually! I'm more of a cook really." He looked down at the tart fondly, though there was a hint of longing in them too. "But this was the favorite thing of someone very close to me, so I like to make it whenever I miss them a lot."

"That's so sweet of you." Smiled Zedaph taking another bite. "I'm sure they must be very proud of how good your tart is!"

A breeze chuckle left Grian as he glanced upwards and through a hole in the roof leading to the world above. "They'd be proud even if I burnt it, so I can safely say that you're right."

A wide grin answered his statement, though Zedpah couldn't help but wonder who his dirty blond friends were talking about, or why he'd looked up at the sky for that matter. And as the blond speculated Grian watched in amusement as you could visibly see Zedaph thinking, though he also pitied the guy. I mean, even if this was Zedpah we're talking about I think Watchers might not be at the top of the list for Grian to be talking about. Not that anyone would ever know about him being a Watcher until he was ready to tell them, because they wouldn't.

They finished eating after that with small talk passing between the two. Grian made sure to leave half of the tart on the plate, wanting his old mentors to enjoy the treat as well. Which they both did much to his delight.

Everyone assumed Grian killed every parrot he saw. Zedpah knows better.

<I hope this was ok. My head is so fucked up I honestly can't tell anymore. I'm in a place where I feel like I need a break, but I at the same time know that a break will do nothing but make me anxious beyond belief. But Imma try to pull through, get my shit together for guys. You deserve it and so much more, so I'll try to do that.

Stay safe everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful time>