Little Vixen

Grian laughed as yet another of one of Scar's spell-potion combos failed to work, and instead of giving him the pure white diamond he garnered turned the piece of stone into an animal. Just like the dozen that came before it. You see Scar had wanted to really show his thanks to Bdubs for his help in the campaign by giving him the most unique item he could think of, which happened to be a white diamond.

"Maybe we should give him some rare animal instead, since that seems to be going better than the diamond." Grian snickered, watching Scar start the potion brewing process once again.

"It's not that easy!" The scarred man defended, green eyes narrowing at his neighbor, "And I'd like to see you try something like this!"

"No-can-do!" Grian chirped happily, his let out dirty blonde hair tickling at his cheeks, "Not my field of magic I'm afraid."

Scar blinked up at him, eyes shining with curiosity, "You have magic?"

The gremlin grinned down at him, "Don't know, do I? Or am I just saying I have magic?"

"I don't think I want to know." The terraformer shuddered, images of what Grian could do with magic flashing in his head. Yeah no let's not think about that.

"You don't." Scar had by then turned back to his brewing, which meant he didn't see Grian summoning a fidget cube out of thin air, and he just assumed the other had it in his pocket when he turned back around and noticed it.

They spent the rest of the day just sitting there and brewing, the shulkers piled full with failed potions growing by the minute, with the brewing being done by Scar and sitting by Grian. By dinner time Grian had even set up a small outdoors kitchen, because no way in hell was he letting Scar work without food in his system.

They ate what Grian had prepared, which was just a simple pasta salad, before starting to wrap everything up. They'd come to the agreement that they'd continue in the morning, and sort through everything made today to keep the shulker box count low. Scar was putting away some of his favorite potions up on a few shelves he'd installed in Larry, being sure to label them properly. Who knows when you might want to turn a rock into a cat for a few hours?

Grian was just delivering the last of the potions when he tripped over a stray shulker he hadn't noticed and fell into the wall, thankfully he managed to save himself from falling over. But he didn't manage to save himself from the potion that fell onto his head and cracked, the glowing, golden yellow potion slowly running down from his head. The inside of Larry was silent as both owner and guest watched with wide eyes as the potion dripped, neither moving for a few seconds. But Grian soon started to curl up, knees buckling and making him fall to the floor, and Scar rushed into action. He took out the bucket he always carried with himself and set it down, quickly finding a cloth to use, "Hang on Grian, I'll try washing it off, you'll be okay."

But the dirty blond couldn't hear a word that was said, ears filled with constant ringing. His nerves were on fire, but it didn't hurt, in fact it was more like feeling the sun beating down on you full force than being ablaze. Grian tried to focus, tried to hear and feel what Scar was doing to help him, but he couldn't. He tried again and again, but it was all just the same. Finally he just let sleep take him, the sleepiness having crept in from all his failed attempts, and everything faded to black.

In the world of the awake Scar as panicking, running around trying to find something that could help. Which he didn't know what to even look for, because what the hell are you supposed to do when your fronds becomes a damn fennec fox?! Well make sure he can't escape for one, was something Scar realized after he'd gone down to find something for Grian to more comfortably sleep on and came back to find Larry empty.