Don't pretend

<Check out end notes for a look at how my new schedule looks>

It was a lovely day on the Hermitcraft server. People were out and about, talking to neighbours or hanging out with friends, restocking shops and just simply having a good day. But Scar was not among them, because he was far too focused on worrying about his winged neighbor. After spending time spying on him back during the Area 77 thing he liked to think he knew Grian's emotions well, as such he has noticed how downcast his friend has been recently he felt it needed investigating. Which is what brought him here, standing at the entrance to the giant item sorter Grian had built.

The room was as impressive as Ren and Iskall had said, chests stacked high next to each other. And of course the fabled villager pit, the holy place where the great spoon once stood.

Though Scar was here for neither of those things. His intended target was actually standing down in the villager pit, which just made this all easier for him. "Hey Grian! What are you up to?"

The dirty blond Hermit startled away from the villager he was trading with, nearly dropping the golden carrots he'd just traded for. "Scar! Warn a guy next time, please. And I'm just doing some trading, nothing exciting really." He then went over and placed the shiny carrots into a shulker. "And what about you? What brings you here?"

"I wanted to see you." Grinned Scar, giving the shorter a toothy grin. "Plus it's a nice day, and I was wondering if you'd like to do something with me?"

Ok maybe to see if Grian's ok wasn't the only mission here, but was it really so bad to maybe get a chance for a date? Even if it was only as friends it was still a date!

The short Hermit grimaced at him apologetically. "Sorry Scar, I have personal plans for today."

"Oh. Well, um, that's ok! I'll just go do my own thing, maybe see if someone needs my help." The brunet started walking out after saying that, steps long and quick as to get out as quickly as he could. Though a shout stopped him.

"Hey! We can still hang out tomorrow, if you're free that is."

"I'm free then!" Smiled Scar, said smile nearly threatening to spread out of his face. "I'll see you tomorrow then! Noon sounds good to you?"

Grian noded. "Sounds good. See you there, bye!"

"Bye!"

Grian was happier the next day then he'd been today, but there was still some underlying sadness in his violet eyes. And as much as Scar looked and looked, he couldn't seem to find a reason.

Days passed and Scar was still looking for anything that could help him help Grian. He had tried talking, but Grian was very good at both distracting and not giving away his emotions, he had tried asking about it subtly, just a dismissive reflection was given, he had tried everything. And nothing was working. He didn't learn anything, other than that Grian was good at pretending that is.

He was left no other option other than to confront Grian about everything. That could end in so many different ways it hurt Scar's head to even think about it for a second.

So he had decided that this is what needed to be done, and it was what was going to do. And that's why he was here once more, standing in the big room under the mansion. And just like last time Grian was here too, and he much like last time hadn't noticed Scar yet. Though Scar soon changed that. "How do you do it?"

Grian whirled around startle. He was about to say something cheeky when he saw the serisu face on Scar, so he chose to say: "How do I do what?" Instead.