I see the sun once more

Ushijima prospective

As I hear the footsteps become louder I begin to look around to find something to save me from this mess. Why was I here in the first place, why did I want to know everything about the Hinata, why did my body stop when I have never heard his name before. I had a lot of questions but not a lot of time. They were almost here I heard them coming around the corner. It was useless now to try to run away so I just stood up and started to slowly walk away. Hoping that they would not notice me.

I could see what they looked like now and who they were. I was shocked if I am being completely honest.

" the sound came from here" I could see who had brought everyone together in the first place. You could say it was their leader. It was lev.

I keep walking away hoping they thought I was just a civilian when I heard "HEY YOU"

I stopped in defeat and was getting prepared to be yelled at and state why I was listening. Even if I don't know that we'll myself.

" did you see anyone run out of here after falling," lev asked as a question.

I bet he could not recognize me because I had my hood up on my raincoat. It was supposed to rain tonight so I brought my raincoat instead of my volleyball sweatshirt.

" yes, I sir I saw him run into the grocery store wearing a black hooded sweatshirt," I said in a calm tone to not be suspicious.

" ok thank you, sir," Lev said with a smile then went back to his group to tell them the news

They all ran off to do get the person that did not even exist.

I continue to walk home with so many questions in my head. Trying to figure out what I was feeling. I can't figure it out, and I started to give up. I started to remember pictures of him the day I saw him. I felt my face get read again. Did I have a cold? I decided to not think about it any further and just go home.

~time skip the next day~

I got up very early as usual and started to get ready for the day. My mother had already left for work this morning and left me food in the fridge to eat. I remembered that it was a Saturday and we did not have practice today.

I decided to go on a run this morning to stay in shape. I would usually run about 6 miles days where we did not have practice. So I got my shoes and clothes on and started on my trail.

~time skip half waypoint~

I was about to turn around when I notice my face started to get really hot. I did not know why so I started to looks around. Then I say him. He was running on the other side is the street at a very fast pace. I looked at him for a minute then decided to turn back around. I only did that though after I took a picture of him running.

Then I realized that someone had seen me take that picture

He was staring at me with death eyes

I could have almost seen him look into my soul

We did not break eye contact he knew what I was doing and I knew he knew what I was doing.

When our eye contact broke I started to continue my run. Hoping that he would just forget about it and continue to run too. But then I heard someone say behind me

"where do you think you're going asshole"

I stopped running and turned around to be face to face with karosono's setter.

I knew why he stopped me, he was one of the people that night. He was one of the people trying to steal the sun away from me. I don't know why I wanted him so badly. Or why I got mad when people liked him. I did not understand any of this. All I knew Is that my body and brain did not like that he likes Hinata.

" ah, karosono's setter Kageyama, the king of the court," I said in a devilish way.

" I see the great ace from Shiratorizawa Ushijima," Kageyama said in an irritated voice.

" what can I help you with today," I said in a calm voice.

"All I need you to do is dele-" Kageyama tried to say but was cut off by a ball of sunshine running towards us.

"Heyyyy Kageyama is that your friend said in a happy voice.

Both Kageyama and Ushijima started to blush but Hinata did not notice being the airhead that he is.

" yes he is this is my friend Ushijima," Kageyama said in an unhappy voice.

" Hey you're the guy I saw when we were walking the other day," Hinata said with his smile.

Then Ushijima felt the sun come back out from behind the clouds when he looked into that smile. He felt as if he was a kid again. His whole heart was warm now it felt nice to feel the sun to see the sun. But it was gone when he looked at me and stopped smiling.

" Are you ok," he asked as he tilts his head.

" ya sorry nice to meet you I hope we can become friends," I said then held out my hand for a handshake.

He gladly took it and said" I do too" then I realize that he had a little bit of blush on the tip of his cheek. And I think Kageyama saw it too because he got really mad and started to look at me with the dead eyes.

" what way are you going," he asked Kageyama.

" I'm going this way" he pointed south of us.

" oh ok well I'm going this way so see you Monday for practice ok" he pointed north and began he run again.

After he was about a few meters ahead Kageyama looked at me with the eyes of a hungry tiger then he zoomed his run. I did as well

I wanted to catch up with Hinata so I ran a lot faster than I usually did. When I caught up to him he did not notice till a few minutes later.

" oh hey Ushijima I did not know you ran this way, " he said in his happy tone of voice again.

We started to talk till we got to the way were we split paths.

That's when I said out of nowhere " hey could I have your phone number so that way we can talk about volleyball." What was I saying I did not mean to say that. What is going on with me today?

"Wait you play" he seemed really excited by the topic.

" yes I just got invited to the 19 and under Japan team," I said in my normal voice.

" whaaaa so cool!" He said then started jumping up and down.

"Sure you can have my number I would love to talk about volleyball with you," he said with a giant smile.

I started to blush a bit then took the phone number out of his hands and said goodbye.

When I was running all I could think about was why I asked that question.

Why did I want it

Why was I happy when he gave it to me

Why was I really happy when he thought it was cool that I played for the Japan 19 and under team.

I started to get dizzy from all of that thinking.

Then I realized that I ran too far so I was about to turn back when I heard my name.

Ushijima YOU BETTER GET READY BECAUSE IM GOING TO CRUSH YOU.

I looked to see who it was then I was shocked

Why was he here!?

That's all for today hehehehe I know I left you on a cliff hanger but sorry not sorry. I hope you enjoy the 1378 works I have wrote for you today! Have a good day and please tell me if you do not like something. Bye🤭