37: Know Thy Enemy

After school, MJ had been headed to The Grill until she'd been summoned to the Gilbert House. On her way there, she was dropping more of her notebooks off at Ric's.

"Why aren't you just leaving them in your apartment?" He asked.

"Because, Liz and Carol have made it clear boundaries don't exist anymore," MJ was aDjUsTiNg, "And I don't want them going back and seeing something they shouldn't."

"They can't get in though."

"Correct, but, if the spell fades, I'm not there to top it up, then they can."

"Fair enough," He looked over the different books, "These aren't gonna do anything to me, are they?"

She giggled, "No."

"You sure?"

"You won't even be able to open them," She was being safe, "My main two are going to be on me at all times. But I saw Carol talking to the Principal today because they're going through Tyler's locker, and I don't really trust her to not go through mine too."

"Okay."

She noticed a change in Ric, "You okay?"

"I asked Elena if it was okay for me to tell Jenna everything."

"Everything?"

"Even if I was just going to talk about Isobel, Elena would need to okay it. But, I was thinking about your whole 'honesty, or you shouldn't be dating them' thing, and I don't wanna lie to her anymore."

MJ grinned, "What did Elena say?"

"She needs some time to figure the words out."

"And?"

"Until she does, we're broken up."

"Oh," MJ didn't know what to do, "Do I give you a hug or?"

"I'll be fine, it just sucks."

MJ pressed her lips together, "Hopefully it'll all be for the best. Jenna will be a lot safer once she knows what's going on."

"Yeah,"

Ric was heading to The Grill for the music night, and for a drink, so MJ got him to drop her off around the corner from Elena's house. It felt weird to make him drive her to his ex-girlfriend's house right after they'd broken up.

She headed inside and was greeted by Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena, all having a girl's night and who wanted to include her in part of it. As they looked at food, Bonnie told them about the Martin Witches agreeing to help.

"Chinese or pizza?" Caroline asked.

Elena was handing out glasses and a bowl of popcorn, "Like you even have to ask."

"I'll get on it," Caroline took out her tablet and froze.

Her lock screen was the picture MJ had taken of the once happy couple at Founder's Day.

Her face fell, and she lent onto the counter, resting her chin on her hands, closing her eyes for a moment.

"I'll do it," Bonnie took the tablet softly away from her

Elena looked over Bonnie's shoulder as she opened a pizza takeaway site.

MJ wasn't going to stay forever since she had to be at The Grill, but she wasn't leaving until Caroline felt better.

"Do you believe Jonas is sincere?" Elena asked.

"I don't know what to believe," Bonnie tried to be diplomatic, "I think he's at a loss. He's not sure who to trust."