64: Heart Of Darkness

MJ had considered trying to leave that evening, only for her brother's tracker rune to electrocute her.

He was ignoring all her texts about it which meant she was stuck.

She'd then stayed up trying to decipher the sire-line, and it honestly felt like she was drawing battle lines. There was no way in hell Klaus was going to let sire-lines just exist without using his the way he used hybrids, which meant Rebekah would bring hers in as protection, followed by Elijah (who apparently had a secret society he could summon). She had to think Kol would have people floating around too if he stayed in Mystic Falls.

If all of them stayed...more vampires would roll in, and the ones the Mikaelson's would pick were not likely to be the good kind.

Marcel had been turned by Klaus.

He wouldn't.

As much as Klaus liked to push her buttons, he needed her on his side, there was no way he'd bring Marcel in – scratch that, there was no way Marcel would come!

He'd never abandon his kingdom.

The first person to arrive at her hotel room was Katherine.

MJ hadn't actually asked her to come, but she was incredibly happy to see her.

"I need your blood!" She said while opening the door.

"What?" Katherine sauntered in, halting at the mess of furniture, eyes honing in on the ripped shirt by the table.

MJ kicked it out of sight and waved her hand, realigning and fixing everything as quickly as possible.

Tidying up had slipped her mind once she'd gone into research mode.

"I explained the sire-line over text, well, now I'm trying to track it."

"So we can work out whether we can kill Klaus?"

"We?"

"We," Katherine confirmed, perching on the bed while smoothing it out, "I don't know whether or not I want to ask if the sheets have been cleaned since your last visitor?"

Of course, she'd phrased the question like that.

"Hm?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Not talking about it."

"That bad?"

"Not talking about it with you," MJ specified.

"Rude," She propped herself up on her elbows, making herself look as cute as a button.

It was still weird to think about it being Elena's face staring at her. It just didn't feel the same.

"The word's out about the Originals getting un-daggered."

"Yeah..." MJ had noticed that.

Almost everyone had known who Kol was.

"Are they all as attractive as Elijah?"

MJ laughed nervously.

Katherine sat up, "It was one of them?"

She sighed.

"Please tell me it wasn't the sister!"

MJ motioned to the papers on the table, "Bigger. Things. To talk about!"

"Was it b - "

"Oh my god," MJ closed her eyes, "Can we not?"

"Come on, MJ, we've barely talked recently."

"That's because we only talk when there's a scheme at play."

That wasn't technically true. Sure, Stefan had been a scheme over the summer, but it wasn't like all their conversations had been about that. By the end of it, Stefan had been an excuse to send each other shoes or jewellery.