85: A View To A Kill

MJ was walking down a street in a small town, a few hours outside of Virginia, forcing herself not to check her phone every five seconds.

She kept staring at Kol's contact.

Her plan to ignore technology failed when her brother actually called her, interested in if she'd been able to track his old contact down – and asking why she was even looking into Silas.

"You've really got to start telling me things."

Ryos was talking in his 'I'm disappointed in you' voice.

"You of all people shouldn't be getting involved with this stuff," He scolded, "It just leads back to Travellers."

"Silas leads back to Travellers," MJ justified, "I'm trying to make sure he doesn't get raised."

"Hm."

"My friends just want the cure."

"For the doppelgänger."

MJ had done an extremely honest catch-up from; The Sacrifice to her sending out questions about Silas.

She'd expected Ryos to tell her off, but he'd just sighed and said it was too late to change anything.

"Yeah."

"And the other doppelgänger, Katherine Peirce."

"What about her?"

"You know where she is?"

"Ish, I know who she's with and a general area, why?"

"Just worried about you," Ryos summed up, "I've read stories about her."

Maybe Elena had a point – MJ really did know how to pick them.

"But, hey, you're no longer working for The Originals, so that's something."

"I was never working for them."

She was greeted with silence.

"Talk to me about The Travellers and Silas," She got back to the point, "I need to know what I'm getting myself into."

"M – "

"Tell me something," She pleaded, "Come on, Ryos."

Her brother had phoned her, and she wasn't about to let him just dip.

"We've been talking for like ten minutes. There's no way you need to go just as I ask you something."

"I need to go in like two minutes, but fine," He made a noise like he was thinking, "Okay, the key stuff I know; The Travellers don't want Silas raised, they just want his blood."

"Why?" She pulled a face.

"He's the first immortal, there's a rumour that a spell can use his blood to purify the world of magic."

"i.e. Remove their curse."

"Remove all magic," He corrected, "But, it's not just that. Other witches believe Silas will bring everybody back from the dead. Everyone. It's why people are so willing to die for him – it's super cult-like."

"The Cult of Silas."

"Travellers just want to get rid of magic."

MJ came to a stand-still, having reached the house she was looking for.

She had to ask something.

"Is that what made you look into them?"

"Huh?"

"You've hated magic since we left New Orleans."

Why MJ had believed that he'd stopped practising.