58: All My Children

MJ had a moment of panic when she woke up, lying on a bed in an unfamiliar room, thankfully still in her dress from the night before.

Kol's room.

She'd fallen asleep on his bed.

They'd talked until about three in the morning, and then the fact she hadn't slept the previous night had caught up with her, and she'd completely conked out. When she grabbed her phone, she was surprised to see it was just past eight o'clock, half expecting it to be midday. Then again, she never slept past eight thirty.

Elena had texted her.

Not with answers though. The messages were all to check that MJ hadn't actually gotten hurt, which was nice, but not helpful. She also had a few texts from Caroline (including a rant about Klaus, then a sketch Klaus had done of her with a horse), some from Stefan, some from Elliot asking why she'd suddenly gone a little MIA, and then, a voice message from Tyler.

He was safe. He'd found some other werewolves in the Appalachian Mountains, and though they didn't like hybrids, one of them decided to help after hearing him trying to turn over and over.

MJ needed to find another solution. She couldn't bear the thought of him putting himself through that.

Shower sounds were coming from Kol's bathroom, which explained why she was alone in the room, giving MJ the perfect chance to hurry back to Rebekah's, who still wasn't home, to shower herself. She got changed into the spare clothes she'd brought the day before, then headed to find the Mikaelson's.

Passing Elijah on the stairs, he gave her an odd look.

He must've known there were too many people in the house given that she was an extra heartbeat, so assumed the look was because of something on his mind. MJ opted to ignore it and wander into the living room, finding Klaus and Kol lounging about.

She counted the cups of blood around the room, knowing it would all be fresh from whoever Klaus had compelled to be the new housekeeper.

He was sketching on the couch.

"She finally awakens from her slumber in my younger brother's bedroom!"

"His bed's comfy," She shrugged, sitting down on the other sofa.

That was when Rebekah got back.

"There she is!" Kol sounded far too happy as he jumped up, blocking her from getting through the room.

She was wearing the same green dress from the Ball, creased and ripped in certain places, slightly messy hair and a forced smile on her face.

"Get out of my way, Kol."

"Out all night!" He didn't let her pass, "What a scandal!"

She started to glare.

"I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?"

"I would tell you to shut your mouth," Rebekah stood her ground, "Or the next thing out of it will be your teeth, except! MJ's still here! What were you saying to me again, Kol, about settling for mortals?"

"That felt like more of an attack on me, Bex, than him," She commented, "And also, nothing happened."

"Thank god! We can still be friends" Rebekah patted her on the shoulder, making MJ laugh, "You can do better."

"Hey!" Kol slid backwards over the sofa arm to lie down, head resting on MJ's leg, "I'm a catch."

"Welcome to 2010," MJ flicked her fingers through his hair, "That phrase has been dead for a couple decades now."