61: Break On Through

a/n: A lot of moments in this chapter are Floare worldbuilding, but reading it through to the end is worth it, I promise. Major Kora Moments incoming <3

"Smile," Pri snapped a picture of MJ across the booth, "By the way, MiMi – you're social media?"

"What about it?"

"You make me v jealous."

"Jealous?"

"Legit," Pri groaned dramatically, "You only ever post art, Charity Events, or friend things. Which make me miss you. Come home."

MJ laughed awkwardly, avoiding Kol's questioning look.

"Where the hell have you been getting all the money to fund these outreach projects from?"

"Um," She tapped the table, "Mystic Falls is filled with the charitable rich – I don't deserve that much credit. I can only do things because they're willing to give – and, I mean..."

Her eyes drifted to Kol.

"Yes?" He asked.

"You are sworn to secrecy," MJ pointed at him, "This conversation never happened."

He grinned, "Understood."

She lent towards her friends, "The hybrid everyone's been talking about?"

"The one looking for werewolves?" Beni checked.

"Yep – I stole two of his credit cards after he momentarily took me hostage. He still hasn't mentioned it, so I'm assuming he hasn't noticed."

Kol started to laugh, "And you've been using it for charity work?"

"Duh," She'd connected it to the council's outreach program account, "I used one for partying during the summer, the second is linked to all the events I haven't had time to physically be there for."

"Being a saint all the time must get exhausting," Pri joked.

"Well, I wouldn't know anything about that, now would I."

Beni and Pri shared a look, the Kitsune talking, "Speaking of...How is Ryos?"

"Relief team in Iraq."

"Okay," Gina slid up to the table, "I have a few minutes while Sian wants to sing."

She was a little sweaty, and her voice croaked.

"i.e. drinks break."

"Yes, I agree, drinks time," Pri stood up "I need something fresh."

Gina shook her head, "Seriously?"

"I'll go outside," Pri wrapped her arms around Gina's waist and kissed her cheek.

"You're gonna do it whether I say okay or no so why try and be cute?"

"Because I like being cute."

"Yeah, yeah."

Pri clicked her fingers and pointed to the door, "See you later."

"I'm getting a normal drink," Gina headed to the bar.

"I'm gonna get something too," Beni said slyly, standing up and leaving MJ and Kol alone.

MJ rested her head on the table. She was tired, a little bit tipsy, and she still didn't have a location to check for vampires yet. She'd put sigils on all the hotspots for recent activity and was waiting. Kol rested a hand on her hair, running it through his fingers.

"Your friends are nice."

"Yeah," MJ hummed, "They don't really do drama."

"Your vampire alerts?"