18.4

It's the next morning, Zoe is still at the police station. Zoe rolls her eyes as she is asked about Dom for what feels like the millionth time. Brian walks into the station before seeing Zoe in the interrogation room with Stasiak. Brian walks over to a desk before picking up the phone.

"Hi. This is Forsythe in Evidence. I need Stasiak down here right away to sign some greenies," Brian lies to the person he is talking to. Brian hangs up before turning to Trina. "Hey. Okay, I narrowed it down to 50 or so David Parks. What I'd like you to do is run the make and model on each one of them." Stasiak leaves the interrogation room, causing Zoe to let out a thankful sigh. Brian then walks into the interrogation room. "Hey, Tyler, we got a transfer." Zoe rolls her eyes seeing that Brian is the one to save her. "You want to come with me?"

Brian takes her to a little cafe, so they could talk.

"I'm almost done," Zoe says as she looks at her almost empty cup of coffee. "Why don't you tell me why you dragged me here, Brian?"

"You know they're going to capture Dom. Maybe worse. I don't want you getting tangled up in this. So stay away from him," Brian tells her causing her to roll her eyes.

"That's what you have to say to me after five years?" Zoe asks Brian with a glare. "All of a sudden, you care what happens to me."

"I've always cared. What I did to you was wrong. I'm sorry. It was... It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do," Brian says as he looks down ashamed.

"I'm sorry, too, Brian. I'm so sorry that you had to come into my home and pretend to love me. I'm so sorry that you ripped my family apart. I'm very sorry for that that was hard for you," Zoe apologizes sarcastically, making her feelings known.

"I lied to you," Brian tells her. "I lied to Dom. I lied to everybody. That's what I do best. It's why the Feds recruited me."

"Maybe you're lying to yourself," Zoe says as she could tell that Brian was going through something. "Maybe you're not the good guy pretending to be a bad guy. Maybe you're a bad guy pretending to be the good guy. You ever think about that?"

"Every day," Brian answers her. Zoe nods before she goes to leave but turns back.

"I always wondered, why did you let Dom go that day?" Zoe asks him curiously.

"I don't know," Brian answers her before she leaves. "Shit." Brian sighs knowing he had just let her slip out of his life again. Brian then goes back to the station.

"Brian!" Trina calls as he walks in. "I got the cross-checks on David Park back and have a list of possibilities."

"What do you got?" Brian asks her.

"All right. A 45 year old male in a '06 Scion, with three reckless driving tickets," Trina reads the first one.

"No," Brian tells her.

"An '01 Chevy Tahoe,"

"No,"

"Two Mini Coopers, a '06 and a '07, a Toyota Hybrid,"

"Hell no,"

"A '98 Saturn, a '95 Sebring, a '98 Nissan 240 with an illegal mod,"

"Wait. That's it," Brian stops her. "The 240 with the illegal mod."

"How do you know?" Trina asks him

"'Cause that's something I'd drive," Brian answers as he goes through the papers.