51

Friday came around and I just got home from work. I decided to call mom and ask what time works for dinner since I haven't talked to her since Tuesday.

K: hey mom how was your day?

M: hey hunny, it was good thanks how about you?

K: it was good. I was wondering what time you wanted us to come over for dinner. Harry gets home around 5 tonight.

M: okay how does 6 sound?

K: sounds great.

M: perfect. Grandpa is coming too so you can tell him and the boys the news. I haven't told them yet since I knew you'd be coming tonight.

K: haha okay.

M: well I will see you later on

K: okay love you bye

M: love you bye

I hung up the phone and hopped into the shower. It was only 4:15 so I had plenty of time to get ready. When I finished my shower I did my hair and makeup and by the time I finished Harry walked through the door. "Hey beautiful I'm home." He said as he closed the door. "Hey baby, how was your day?" I asked from the washroom as he walked into our room. "It was good, how about you?" He said as he walked into the washroom to give me a kiss. "It was good. I called mom and she said we can go over around 6. That sound good?" I asked as I continued to do my last eyebrow. "That sounds great. Do I have to wear a suit?" He asked giggling as he walked over to the closet. "No, you can wear whatever you want." I replied returning the giggle. "How about this?" He asked holding up a rainbow cardigan and a white tee shirt. "That's adorable. I love it." I replied smiling as I walked over to him. "Okay." He replied smiling back at me as I went into the closet as well to grab a sweatshirt and a pair of matching grey sweat pants. It was just my family so it didn't really matter what we wear. They aren't very fancy.

When it was time to go I grabbed my bag and headed to the door with Harry behind me. "Have you told them yet?" He asked as we put on our shoes. "Mom knows but not grandpa and the boys." I replied as he grabbed his keys from the bowl.
We headed down to the main floor and like always we made out the entire elevator ride. Roy said his hellos and held the door as we walked down the stairs. We got into Harry's car and started driving to my moms.

When we got there I could see Myles in the window watching for us. We got out of the car and headed to the door to be greeted by Micah who had a smile on his face. "Hi Katie! Hi Harry!" He said as he gave me a hug. It was nice to see him happy. "Hi guys!" I said as Myles ran over to me and jumped into my arms. "I missed you!" He said as he squeezed me tightly. "I missed you too." I replied as I put him down. "Hi Harry!" He said giving him a hug too; it was really cute. "Hey buddy! How've you been?" He said as Myles let go. "Good! I made you both something! I'll go get it." He replied running over to his backpack. "Hey guys! Grandpa will be here in a few minutes he's just setting a recording." Mom said as she walked out of the kitchen to give us both a hug. "Congratulations by the way." She said as she smiled before walking back to the kitchen. "Thanks mom." I replied giving her a smile back.

Myles came back over to us and handed Harry a paper. "It's you and Katie!" He said smiling as Harry's face lit up. "This is very nice! Thank you! I love it!" He said as he gave him a high five. "Wow Myles! This is nice! We'll put it up as soon as we get home!" I said as his smile grew bigger. He really was adorable.

About 5 minutes later grandpa came in the door. "Hey everybody!" He said with a smile. The boys immediately ran over to him and gave him a hug. "How's my lovely Katie and he wonderful boyfriend doing?" He said as we walked over to him. "Hi grandpa." I said giving him a hug as well. "We're good. Really good." I continued as he shook Harry's hand before pulling him in for a hug. I'm so glad they like him. It makes it so much easier to tell them we're engaged.

When it was time for dinner we all sat at the table and got our food. A few minutes went by before I made our announcement. "So.. Harry and I would like to tell you something." I said as I took a sip of my wine before I continued. "Monday night, Harry and I- well I might as well just show you." I said as I held out my hand to show them the ring. "You're getting married!?" Micah said with a huge smile. "Yes we are." I replied giving him a smile back. "Wow. That's a nice ring." Grandpa said pulling my hand closer to him so he could see it better. "Yeah, wow. It's beautiful Harry." Mom added as I moved my hand to show her. "I wanted her to have something almost as beautiful as she is." He said as he took a sip of wine. "That's very sweet." Mom replied before she started eating her food again.

When we finished dinner we decided to play a game; we weren't going to make the same mistake as last time and play Monopoly so we played Apples to Apples and it was actually a lot of fun. I could tell the boys were enjoying our company.

9:00pm came around and it was time for Harry and I to go back home. "Well, Harry and I are gonna go home now but we will be back soon. We had a great night with you all." I said as we got up from the table. "Okay Katie, I love you." Myles said as he ran around the table to give me a hug. "By Katie, Love you." Micah added as he gave me a hug too. "I love you guys too. We'll see you all soon." I said as they gave Harry a hug. "Bye guys, and congratulations." Grandpa said getting up to hug us both before mom did the same. "Have a good night you two." She said after she hugged us. "You too mom. Love you." I said as we finished putting on our shoes. "Love you too." She replied as we both headed out the door.